Saving "templates" for workspace layout

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
jbardakos

Saving "templates" for workspace layout

Post by jbardakos »

i usuall work in 3 or four layouts depending the project i work on...illustration(and bg&layouts),animation,storyboard,concept sketches
eachtime i have to rearange the workspace so that it fits each of these needs...sometimes i feel i would like a "workspace-layout" template saving
so i dont have to rearange each time...(not to mention other people in the studio that like to ararnge the layout as it suits them)

So unless there is a feature like this that i am missing ...it would be a great addon..

j.
metalusion

Re: Saving "templates" for workspace layout

Post by metalusion »

may i add that quick keys with your suggestion of templates for workspaces would be a dream come true for me

i would love to quickly switch between a minimal workspace with essential tools when i draw to one that is chock full of options + the timeline/layer panel etc etc

currently we have the option to toggle panels on and off with an assignable key but nothing to do entire "sets" of panels you want selectively on and off

currently i'm settling for toggling the f12 option and memorizing essential commands to switch between drawing modes + toggling f12 when i need to access the main + tools panels
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

The ability to create project templates already exists so it seems that all this needs is to have some sort of access to a list of templates directly from the File menu.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

I just got Vegas, and one of the features I liked was the ability to manipulate the size of the layers in the panel. I would love it if you could shrink all of the panels.
Howdy Yaaaal!
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Mandalaholic wrote:I just got Vegas, and one of the features I liked was the ability to manipulate the size of the layers in the panel. I would love it if you could shrink all of the panels.
One thing I really like in Vegas, and several audio applications do this also, is being able to zoom in/zoom out the playlist/layers in the project window by stretching the horizontal scroll bar.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

What I'd like to see in TVP that's in Vegas is the way you can save Window layouts and reselect them at any time from the opened GUI, not just before you open a project. I find this a great feature in conjunction with multiple monitors. As anyone who has more than one monitor knows, they can go haywire at anytime, usually the cause is what goes on with another opened application that crashes etc.. In Vegas it's an easy fix -- I bet TVP could have the same thing, if different configurations already can be saved in the splash screen.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

My other favorite app is ZBrush, and the new version 3.1 offers the powerful ability to customize layouts (visible menus, button layouts, plugins, etc.) and save them with unique names in a specific directory. Different people use ZBrush for very different purposes (at different times, even during the same work-session), so these custom layouts are very welcome. And people can share these layout files with each other.

In the Title toolbar, two icons (previous layout and next layout) let you cycle forward and backward through all the layouts without disturbing any of the current data or program state. It's very simple to assign specific load-layout (using filename) to icons.

It seems like save layout and load layout George commands might provide the tools for scripting something similar?

Sven
p.s. As with TVPaint, ZBrush also permits total interface color customization. Another set of Title Toolbar icons (previous colorset and next colorset) let you cycle through saved interface color-setups.