extended Merge drawing mode (with new Source option).

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
ZigOtto

extended Merge drawing mode (with new Source option).

Post by ZigOtto »

What about a Merge Drawing Mode, not only working from a (single) spare page,
but with new Source(s) availability,
source option being selected through a popup menu : Spare, Paper, Layer...
Basically, it would work as a Panto with x = y = 0, (no offset), but with different Source options,
I would love to be able to draw with color and alpha from a specified animlayer of animated texture f.i.

... or, if simpler, we can add a "Layer..." source option in the Panto mode...?

8)
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

And add, maybe, another project window, as a source?
So the panto could have its maximal flexibility. (banal comparison, but photoshop has that option out of the box). I think this will be REALLY useful.

This should be 8) too
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

do you mean PS is working on timeline too ???
f.i. when you draw in Panto mode on frame 15, it draws with the 15th frame content of the Source project ?
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

ZigOtto wrote:do you mean PS is working on timeline too ???
f.i. when you draw in Panto mode on frame 15, it draws with the 15th frame content of the Source project ?
exactly.
CS3 introduced a timeline. It borrows interface from AE, and allows you to do what you so wished for in AE: paint and modify single frames. You can clone from corresponding frames on separate layers, and you can clone from other projects windows.
You can see it here, in immaculately irritating American accent.
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

:o you're right, that looks like what I'm looking for ...
but does it works with any drawing custom brush (and animbrush to be more specific) ???
in this video, he used only a sizable airbrush tool,
are the other drawing tools also available in (Panto/Merge) Clone mode ?

one subsidiary question :
can we hire some of these fancy adobe's developers to implement all that in tvpa ?
... or, as last alternative, can we hire a sniper to "clean" the place ...? :lol:
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

ZigOtto wrote:but does it works with any drawing custom brush (and animbrush to be more specific) ???
in this video, he used only a sizable airbrush tool,
are the other drawing tools also available in (Panto/Merge) Clone mode ?
well, photoshop still don't have animbrushes. The clone tool can use any brushes that the brush tool uses, but they are all stencil brushes, which is a flake of dust on the knee of Animbrushes. So the other tools cannot clone really, but the arsenal of brushes available for the clone tool is practically all the brushes that exist in photoshop.[/quote]
ZigOtto wrote: can we hire some of these fancy adobe's developers to implement all that in tvpa ?
What is this noise? this crackle in the dark? I can't really tell... Can it?... can it be? Is it really Herve's blood simmering to a boil....? :o