request for tvpaint importer update

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
my1ironlung

request for tvpaint importer update

Post by my1ironlung »

I very much appreciate the ability to be able to export clips as only unique images with a JSON file to import into after effects. this workflow saves a lot of rendering time. However, there are some disadvantages as to how the images get restructured in tvpaint. if have animation on fours, the inner most composition in after effects arranges each image sequentially, and then time remaps such that frame 0 plays at time 0, frame 2 plays at time 4, etc... If I were to go back and add any inbetweens to my timeline, there would be no easy way for me to update this nested composition and i will have to essentially start over by importing an entirely new sequence. because of this, i tend to try and wait until the animation is completely done before starting to composite. I prefer to start compositing as i animate, as both processes inform each other, but because of the script, i don't want to create extra work for myself.

what would be easier is if the images are arranged at the inner most comp are spaced similarly to how they are in tvpaint's timeline, so that the time remapping happening in the outer comp would be like frame 0 plays at time 0, frame 4 plays at time 4...etc. that way, any updates or added frames to my animation timing could be updated much easier.

one other issue: the importer doesn't seem to be able to recreate any repeated images, so i have to manually add keyframes to reproduce any loops. it would also be great to get this fixed.

(i'm using the ae plugin: TVPaint Animation 11.7.1 2048wo Pro 64, so if there are in fact any updates, already, my apologies, and please let me know.)

thanks!
harry