Lagging Brush Selections on Cintiq since 11.5.2 Mac

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
tonydusko

Lagging Brush Selections on Cintiq since 11.5.2 Mac

Post by tonydusko »

Hello,
Ever since I installed 11.5.2, I have had a lag when choosing brushes or shortcuts and other commands using my pen on my Cintiq Pro 27. I is not nearly as bad when I use my mouse to select. It is just the Cintiq pen that lags when making selections.
I have tried 3 different cintiq pens. I never had this before. Sometimes, I can click on a command or brush on a custom panel or a TVP panel, and it will take as much as 2 seconds for the command to execute. I have tried different Cintiq's as well as different resolutions. I have put back old config files from time machine backups; I have even gone back to 11.5.0. Nothing is working. And this is really slowing me down in the middle of a commercial job for Sesame Street. Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance,
Tony
Tony
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Lagging Brush Selections on Cintiq since 11.5.2 Mac

Post by Dean »

Hello Tony, TVPaint's latest version is 11.7.2, I saw that your post mentions 11.5.2 but maybe it is a typo?
Which OS are you using? Is your Wacom driver up to date and is there a custom TVPaint profile in it?
Probably a vampire
nehavilash

Post by nehavilash »

Hey you will get some information from the website please check the official documentation.
tonydusko

Post by tonydusko »

Yes, that was a typo. I meant 11.7.2

Wacom driver is up to date.
No custom profiles.
Mac OS. 14.2.1 (23C71)
M1 with 32Gigs of Ram

Restarting my Mac definitely helps for a while. But then things start lagging after about 30 minutes or so of use.
Tony