CTG layer problem with "increase layer length" and "Load Structure from Sources"

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Ulrich

CTG layer problem with "increase layer length" and "Load Structure from Sources"

Post by Ulrich »

Hi everybody, I am new to the TVPaint community, this is my first post. A warm Hello to all of you!

I have Issues with the CTG Layer: I Screen recorded everything, I think this is the easiest way to share my problem.

I am working with
Hardware: Apple M1 Ultra, Ventura 13.4.1
Software: TVP Animation 11 Pro WIBU (11.7.1-64 bits) en Dec 22 2022

1.CTG "increase layer length"
Unable to stretch CTG layer with the "increase layer length" table
Nothing seems to happen when I want to increase the layer length (without interpolation)

2.CTG "Load Structure From Sources"
The function works when the CTG layer is freshly created with one instance only. It does reproduce the structure.
But when I change the structure of my source layer and want to "update" the structure in the CTG by again performing the "Load Structure From Sources" it does not really reproduce the structure. It only creates several empty instances to match the total duration of the source layer.

I am thankful for any responses.

Cheers,
Ulrich
Peter Wassink

Re: CTG layer problem with "increase layer length" and "Load Structure from Sources"

Post by Peter Wassink »

Hi Ulrich, Welcome to the forum.

i don't have a direct explanation for that issue but note that you can also change the duration of instances using the "handypanel" it should be on the right in the stack of custompanels.
When selecting the frames you want to hold longer, click on a the button with a number (123&4) in that panel and it will set the duration of the instances to that number.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Ulrich

Re: CTG layer problem with "increase layer length" and "Load Structure from Sources"

Post by Ulrich »

Hi Peter, thank's for your reply!

This is definitely a great workaround and a literally a super "handy" tool. I didn't know about the "handypanel" yet. many thanks!

Does your CTG layer behave differently though? for example does it always copy the whole structure with the "Load Structure From Sources" function?

thanks!
cheers
Ulrich
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

your welcome Ulrich,

i tried it myself and indeed the ctg layer doesn't want to join the other selected layers when stretching using the layer handle...
although the CTG layer is a bit different (with its dedicated tools, for instance)
This seems like a bug because if i stretch the selected layers using the exposure handle, it joins in like one would expect.

so i guess you spotted a bug on your first post!
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich »

:) thanks again for checking!
will go more into depth about CTG layers if I find something out about this particular issue, I will also post it here again.

cheers
Ulrich
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, we will investigate this behavior :) thanks for sharing
Probably a vampire