Android Panel icons missing

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
kmvassey

Android Panel icons missing

Post by kmvassey »

Hey y'all,

I just installed the Android version of TVPaint on my new Samsung S6 Lite, which is running the latest Android for this tablet. It installed great, gave me the "built for older Android" warning, but seemed to work out fine. I was animating and opened the Custom Tool panel and noticed that all the icons were missing. Is this a known issue? And are there any plans to update the Android version? At first, on my previous tablet, I thought of it as a novelty, but then I started actually getting work done on planes, my couch, etc. and now I really hope it becomes an official release. I'll attach an image of what I'm seeing in the UI. Please forgive the phone pic of the tablet screen. Thank you!
IMG_9798.jpg
D.T. Nethery

Re: Android Panel icons missing

Post by D.T. Nethery »

I haven't used TVPaint on Android for several years (at one point I had it on a Galaxy Note 10.1 , but I sold the tablet), but I have noticed even on my desktop (Mac) version of TVPaint that occasionally some custom panel icons will disappear. For me the problem is solved by reinstalling the custom panel that has blank icons. After reinstalling the custom panel the icons are back where they should be. So hopefully you have a folder full of backed-up (as .tvpx) custom panels. Try reinstalling them and see if that solves the problem.

But now that I take a second look at your screenshot I see that the icons have disappeared from your Sketch Panel! I've never had the disappearing icons issue with one of TVPaint's built-in panels like the Sketch Panel or Handy Panel (only custom panels that I've created or custom panels I've downloaded from the Contents Sharing section of this forum.) So this may be an Android-specific issue.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Léo
Site Admin

Post by Léo »

Hello kmvassey,

This issue on the Android version is known from TVPaint, it's Android-specific.
Is your Samsung S6 Lite is on Android 13 ?
Léo Fernandez
TVPaint Q&A and Lead Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester
Windows 11 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro.
Wacom driver version 6.4.2-3
kmvassey

Post by kmvassey »

Hi! Yes, regarding the Android version, it is the latest updated OS version. Can you tell em the last supported version of the OS? I'm not sure if I can downgrade or not. Also, what re the chances of getting an update compiled for the latest Android OS? Having TVPaint on the tablet really is a game-changer!

Thank you!
Léo wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 06:40 Hello kmvassey,

This issue on the Android version is known from TVPaint, it's Android-specific.
Is your Samsung S6 Lite is on Android 13 ?
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Hello Kaye,

I would recommend staying with Android 12 at the moment, as there are issues with Android 13.
Also, what re the chances of getting an update compiled for the latest Android OS?
It's in our todo-list, we'll try to do that for the next update.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
kmvassey

Post by kmvassey »

Hi! That’s great news about the update. Regarding Android 12, it sounds like downgrading can actually void device warranties in some cases. I guess you have do a little bit of dicey work to get all the needed files to do it. I think I’ll hold out for the update. Thank y’all for all the responses. 😁
Thierry wrote: 19 Jul 2023, 12:13 Hello Kaye,

I would recommend staying with Android 12 at the moment, as there are issues with Android 13.
Also, what re the chances of getting an update compiled for the latest Android OS?
It's in our todo-list, we'll try to do that for the next update.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

K.
When Android upgraded from version 10 to 11 (back in 2021) I made the mistake of upgrading which caused problems with TVPaint Android on my Samsung TAB (S7+). I was advised that reverting back to android 10 was possible but might void my guarantee.

I decided to stay with version 11 and after several months, Xavior fixed the problem. Hopefully the new fix won't take too long... :?

Here is a link to the Android thread from back in 2021...

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB