Most viewed TVPaint Production ever? Cartoon-Box

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Peter Wassink

Most viewed TVPaint Production ever? Cartoon-Box

Post by Peter Wassink »

It looks like this show was still missing from the "made with TVPaint" section.

Undeservedly so... as it must be one of the most viewed TVPaint productions out there.
The Youtube channel has almost 8 million subscribers and the series has racked up over two billion views!
An amazing achievement, Congratz Joost!

Cartoon-Box by Joost Lieuwma

Attachments
cbox.png
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
D.T. Nethery

Re: Most viewed TVPaint Production ever? Cartoon-Box

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Peter Wassink wrote: 16 Jun 2023, 07:48 It looks like this show was still missing from the "made with TVPaint" section.

Undeservedly so... as it must be one of the most viewed TVPaint productions out there.
The Youtube channel has almost 8 million subscribers and the series has racked up over two billion views!

Thanks for pointing that out , Peter. I don't think I was aware that Cartoon Box was produced using TVPaint.

Speaking of YouTube series, I wonder about Simon's Cat ? I know for several special episodoes the Simon's Cat production team switched from using Flash to using TVPaint , but I've never been clear on whether they now do all the Simon's Cat cartoons with TVPaint or if it's a combo of Flash (Adobe Animate) ? I had assumed they were all done in TVPaint now , but when I mentioned that recently to someone they said they thought that some of the episodes still had a Flash pipeline.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

I wasn't aware that Cartoon Box wasn't present in the "Made with TVP" section of the forum, as I am so used to see it pop on my Youtube subcription feed.
Thank you Peter for correcting this!
Probably a vampire
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Peter Wassink wrote: 16 Jun 2023, 07:48 It looks like this show was still missing from the "made with TVPaint" section.
I tried to add it to the Wikipedia article on TVPaint Animation, but there is no way to add the necessary citation because I can't find any interviews with Joost or articles about Cartoon Box where it is mentioned that TVPaint is used to make the series. The making-of video you posted which clearly shows that TVPaint is used for making Cartoon Box is not usable on Wikipedia as a source citation because of Wikipedia's policy to automatically delete YouTube links inserted into a Wikipedia article.

If you know of any interviews with Joost or articles about the making of Cartoon Box which say that TVPaint is used to make the show please post the link(s) here andI will add it to Wikipedia's TVPaint Animation page.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Dean wrote: 16 Jun 2023, 14:52 I wasn't aware that Cartoon Box wasn't present in the "Made with TVP" section of the forum, as I am so used to see it pop on my Youtube subcription feed.
Thank you Peter for correcting this!
Your welcome. Its made by Joost Lieuwma username on the forum "Joost"
he often posts here with issues and requests.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 17 Jun 2023, 12:52
I tried to add it to the Wikipedia article on TVPaint Animation, but there is no way to add the necessary citation because I can't find any interviews with Joost or articles about Cartoon Box where it is mentioned that TVPaint is used to make the series. The making-of video you posted which clearly shows that TVPaint is used for making Cartoon Box is not usable on Wikipedia as a source citation because of Wikipedia's policy to automatically delete YouTube links inserted into a Wikipedia article.

If you know of any interviews with Joost or articles about the making of Cartoon Box which say that TVPaint is used to make the show please post the link(s) here andI will add it to Wikipedia's TVPaint Animation page.
Joost is part of studio FrameOrder from Utrecht in The Netherlands.
I could not locate any other sources to confirm.
But i know they use both TVPaint and Moho. So maybe ask Joost if he can provide something?
Joost

Post by Joost »

Thanks Peter for mentioning my work!
I indeed have reached a lot of views using TVPaint :)

Unfortunately I am, as many other animators, not very good in doing promotional stuff. And the very rare interviews I did, I totally forgot to mention TVPaint. Oops! That being said, a lot of people in the comments, and private messages always ask me how I make my cartoons, and of course I always mention TVPaint.

I will try to arrange another interview somewhere in the near future, and make sure I don't forget to mention TVPaint! :)
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1