macOS Monterey / Ventura / Sonoma and TVPaint Animation 11 [UPDATE 17/06/2022]

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
NickH

Re: macOS Monterey, Ventura, and TVPaint Animation 11 [UPDATE 17/06/2022]

Post by NickH »

What about Mac OS Ventura? The latest Mac OS I see mentioned here is Monterey. I tried to open TVP on my Mac Studio yesterday, and got error message, "Codemeter is not installed." It has been 3 months since I last used TVP, and there have been a couple of updates from Apple since January 2023, so it looks like that would be the problem. I am now running Ventura 13.3.1.
The instructions for earlier OS versions don't match what System Settings now looks like in Ventura.
Is there a fix for this? Should I re-install TVP?
Matthieu
Site Admin

Re: macOS Monterey and TVPaint Animation 11 [UPDATE 17/06/2022]

Post by Matthieu »

Matthieu wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 11:55 Hello!

I confirm TVPaint 11.7.1 works with Ventura 13.2.1. You should be able to update without any issues.
Hello Nick,

As you can see, we mentioned macOS Ventura within this very thread. I can confirm that TVPaint works without any issues on Ventura 13.3.1 on my end.

Regarding your CodeMeter issue: I guess some maintenance application such as CleanMyMac may have deleted it on your system (thus, you would only have to reinstall CodeMeter from the TVPaint installation .dmg file available from your user account to solve this).

I will give you more details by replying directly to the request you have made through our contact form.
NickH

Re: macOS Monterey / Ventura and TVPaint Animation 11 [UPDATE 17/06/2022]

Post by NickH »

Thank you Mathieu,
Re-installing the CodeMeter fixed the problem, just as you said it would.

For the benefit of any others who might get the same issue -
I did not have any software like CleanMyMac, but had installed two Mac OS Ventura updates from Apple since the last time I had used TV Paint (about 2 months).

Today (2 May 2023) I downloaded a Rapid Response Security Update from Apple. As soon as it was installed I checked TV Paint, and got the same error message about Codemeter not being installed. I had used TV Paint only two days ago, and installed nothing else. So this time I can be pretty sure Apple's own security updates are removing Codemeter. As before, re-installing Codemeter fixed the problem, and TVP is working again.
Next time I get an OS update from Apple I will open TVP immediately before I download it, and then try again just after, to be absolutely certain it is Apple's own software and nothing else that is doing it. I kept the TVP installer on my computer after last time, so it was easy enough to re-install CodeMeter, and TVP itself did not need to be re-installed.

I wonder if TVP Developpment is working on a native Apple silicone M series version, and when they expect to be able to release it? TVP runs all right on my M1Ultra Mac Studio, and for that I am grateful, but being translated by Rosettta2 makes it very slow.
Matthieu
Site Admin

Post by Matthieu »

Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for this information!

I have just done the same update and CodeMeter hasn't been uninstalled... I'm not sure what is happening there but I will keep an eye open for this as a possible cause if someone else reports that CodeMeter has been uninstalled.

We are currently working on the native version indeed. We didn't notice performance issues on our end but we also expect TVPaint to run better once it will have been ported for ARM Macs.
rohandeshchougule

Post by rohandeshchougule »

Hi Matthieu,

I was just curious about the native ARM version of TVPaint and when it would be released exactly? Also on that note, just wanted to ask if it was safe to upgrade to MacOS Sonoma from Ventura? Thank you!
Matthieu
Site Admin

Re: macOS Monterey / Ventura / Sonoma and TVPaint Animation 11 [UPDATE 17/06/2022]

Post by Matthieu »

Hi Rohan,

We made great progress regarding the native ARM version of TVPaint: an update should be released during the next few months.

Regarding Sonoma, we ran some tests with the betas all year long and we have been testing TVPaint with the release for the past few days. So far, it seems that nothing was broken by this update.
However, as always, we do not recommand updating macOS right away. If you are able to, it is a good idea to delay this update for a few months so we can catch and fix any incompatibilities that may arise.

Thank you!
Simon W Edmondson

Re: macOS Monterey / Ventura / Sonoma and TVPaint Animation 11 [UPDATE 17/06/2022]

Post by Simon W Edmondson »

Pardon my question.
I am having lots of troubles with my Imac ( 7 years old ), unrelated to TVP, and was thinking of replacing it with either a new studio Pro or maxed out Mini model. As my next project will be almost exclusively done in TVP do I understand correctly that the current OSX ( sonoma?) may not be a good idea?
regards
simon
rohandeshchougule

Post by rohandeshchougule »

Thank you for your prompt reply Matthieu! Will look forward to the new update, thanks!
David_Fine

Post by David_Fine »

Matthieu wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 08:57
Regarding Sonoma, we ran some tests with the betas all year long and we have been testing TVPaint with the release for the past few days. So far, it seems that nothing was broken by this update.
However, as always, we do not recommand updating macOS right away. If you are able to, it is a good idea to delay this update for a few months so we can catch and fix any incompatibilities that may arise.
Since that comment was published 3 weeks ago, wondering if you have any update on this. Have you continued to use TVPaint on Sonoma without issue, or do you just run it every so often? If you are using it for 3 weeks and it's working without any problems, it would give me confidence to upgrade, so it's useful to know.

Thank you!
David Fine
iMac late 2014 3.5 GHz, 32GB RAM
Snowden Fine Animation Inc.
Vancouver, Canada
Matthieu
Site Admin

Post by Matthieu »

Hello David,

I have kept using TVPaint and didn't notice anything wrong for the time being. As usual, I would advise to wait anyway, as updating to the latest operating system right away may not be necessary (and because it can break compatibility with other software too).
swiftsketcher

Post by swiftsketcher »

Matthieu wrote: 24 Oct 2023, 10:09 Hello David,

I have kept using TVPaint and didn't notice anything wrong for the time being. As usual, I would advise to wait anyway, as updating to the latest operating system right away may not be necessary (and because it can break compatibility with other software too).

Hi just wanted to check in on this. Are we safe to upgrade to Sonoma?
GerhardHuman

Post by GerhardHuman »

Hi, I just got a new machine and it's running Sonoma
I downloaded the latest installer ( 11.7.2 Std (mac-64 wibu) ) ran the Codemeter thing, then tried running TVP but I get that long error message saying "TVPaint Animation 111: Start Error"
One of the following licenses is required:
* CodeMeter 6000117:10011410
Failure reason: The Firm Access Counter has a value of 0 - the en-/decryption cannot be performed, Error 38.
* CodeMeter 6000117:17011410
Failure reason: The Firm Access Counter has a value of 0 - the en-/decryption cannot be performed, Error 38.
* CodeMeter 6000117:20011410
* CodeMeter 6000117:27011410
* CodeMeter 6000117:30011410
* CodeMeter 6000117:37011410
I tried restarting but didn't make a difference. I even tried uninstalling codeMeter and re-installing it, no difference.
Please help. I need to get back on a project and right now I can't do anything :(
TV Paint 11.0.9 Std iMac 3.2GHz Wacom Cintiq 24 pro (no touch)
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello Gerhard, just contacted you via email
Probably a vampire
GerhardHuman

Post by GerhardHuman »

Thank you very much for the quick help Dean! Really appreciate it. You guys are the best!
TV Paint 11.0.9 Std iMac 3.2GHz Wacom Cintiq 24 pro (no touch)
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

No problemo!
Probably a vampire