Custom Panel

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
esifosil

Custom Panel

Post by esifosil »

How can I have a custom panel stuck to my workspace for the all projects?
D.T. Nethery

Re: Custom Panel

Post by D.T. Nethery »

When you make a custom panel it will always be saved inside the current configuration. If you want to make sure that a specific custom panel will always be part of a TVPaint project file that you will be sharing with others, right-click on the custom panel and from the menu select This Panel > Embed in Project .

TVPaint_Embed_Custom_Panel_in_Project.png
TVPaint_Embed_Custom_Panel_in_Project.png (38.19 KiB) Viewed 936 times

If you want the custom panel to be stuck to a specific place in your workspace (say in the upper left corner of the workspace, click the lock button to lock it in place.
TVPaint_Lock_Custom_Panel.png
TVPaint_Lock_Custom_Panel.png (16 KiB) Viewed 936 times

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Svengali

Re: Custom Panel

Post by Svengali »

Any Floating Custom Panels can also be dragged-and-dropped into the left or right drawer, where they may be stored collapsed or open, so they are always available in your workspace but overlap none of the main display screen space.

Optionally, when needed they can be dragged into and positioned in the main display, then dragged back into the drawer when no longer needed. I should add that all buttons in a stored custom panel can also be accessed while the panel itself remains in the drawer (this is how I usually use them).

I maintain a right drawer with a dozen or so Custom Panels that I use infrequently but like to have access to, but keep the right drawer collapsed until needed... moving the cursor near the right edge of display screen space temporarily opens the drawer. Or, the drawer can be locked open...
drawer.png
drawer.png (27.49 KiB) Viewed 931 times
sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB