11.7.1 aftereffect JSON import issue for blank instance

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Zane

11.7.1 aftereffect JSON import issue for blank instance

Post by Zane »

Hello, there seems to be a problem about AE JSON exporting/importing, when the layer I export has a blank instance, after importing them into aftereffect, the blank instance will be replaced by either the previous or next frame, to clarify my problem please take a look at the pictures below:

the layer that has a blank instance

After importing into aftereffect, the blank one is replaced by the next frame

I've tried check/uncheck the ignore duplicate layer when I exported them, and I've tried changing between native sequence/rebuild when I import the JSON, but nothing can fix, so I think maybe it just a bug.

Tvpaint 11.7.1 professional
tablet: Cintiq 16
Matthieu
Site Admin

Re: 11.7.1 aftereffect JSON import issue for blank instance

Post by Matthieu »

Hello,

I can't replicate this issue. Did you make sure you had the 'Export All Images' option checked?
export-all-images.png
export-all-images.png (50.36 KiB) Viewed 803 times
Zane

Re: 11.7.1 aftereffect JSON import issue for blank instance

Post by Zane »

Matthieu wrote: 20 Jan 2023, 10:03 Hello,

I can't replicate this issue. Did you make sure you had the 'Export All Images' option checked?
Hi, I didn't notice that option before, but I just tried that one, I found out I can just choose either 'Export All Images' or 'Ignore Duplicate Images' , when I check one of them the other one would be unchecked, and I just tried the Export All images, with this being enabled I did can get the blank instance problem fixed because it exports all the images. But it raises two other problems: the first is that the file would be way larger exporting this way, the second is that the key in Aftereffect would be splited to every single frame instead of a proper timing from Tvpaint:

before 11.7.1, I could export JSON with 'Ignore Duplicate Images' enabled and import them into Aftereffect without any problem with the blank instances and I could get a file with small size and everything went well...