Rehosting your dongleless license Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
daninski

Re: Rehosting your dongleless license

Post by daninski »

All fixed, thanks for visiting my computer and sorting it out :D
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
ChristopherC

Post by ChristopherC »

Hey, I'm getting the same problem as daninski where re-hosting is requesting receipt files. did you figure out a work-around?
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello Christopher, in case you are using Safari, the latest version seems to have issues with the license activation page, so maybe try to use Chrome/Firefox.
If you are already using one of these, please try clearing the browser's cache and if the issue persists, please create a ticket via our contact form so tech support can get in touch with you.
Probably a vampire
ChristopherC

Post by ChristopherC »

Ahh ok thank you, i've tried with chrome and it works as expected! 🙏
martimiz

Post by martimiz »

Hi,
I have some similar issue: i rehosted, deactivated the license on my old mac monterey, activated on my new mac ventura, which went without a problem. But unfortunately on the new mac tvpaint won’t start: ‘out of cmDongle expiration time’.

codemeter tells me it is running on the new mac but I don’t find it as a process in the monitor, as on the old mac. i can’t seem to deactivate the licence on the new mac because now it requests the files thing and also states that my lincense has expired(???). tvpaint still functions on the old mac, but the license isn’t active there. I’m sooo confused right now…

edit: oh and every time i start tvpaint, i do see entries in the codemeter log, so codemeter is actualy responding: API Error 200: (ENTRY NOT FOUND) occurred!
TVPaint 11.5.3 Pro 64 - Mac OSX 12.4 Monterey
iMac 21-5 inch 2017, 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM
Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro touch, driver version 6.3.46-1
Matthieu
Site Admin

Post by Matthieu »

Hello,

I have sent you a PM regarding those issues.

From what I see, you actually rehosted a temporary dongleless license we had sent you when moving your dongle-based license to the new system, hence why TVPaint doesn't start on the old Mac and is still running on your other Mac.
martimiz

Post by martimiz »

Thanks so much for your help Matthieu, that was exactly what it was - and it’s all solved now!!
TVPaint 11.5.3 Pro 64 - Mac OSX 12.4 Monterey
iMac 21-5 inch 2017, 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM
Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro touch, driver version 6.3.46-1