Seriously locked layer

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
slowtiger

Seriously locked layer

Post by slowtiger »

I got a file back from my animators and wanted to re-position a layer. It was impossible to do so, not with the panning tool, not with the transform tool. The layer was not locked, and the position of the layer was not locked. There were 8 layers with this behaviour, and 2 behaving normally. No combination of locking and un-locking helped. This was in v10. When I opened the same file in v11, clicking with the pan tool crashed TVP.

I just left the scene as it was now, no need for repairing. Still I'm curious what happened.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Ildwins

Re: Seriously locked layer

Post by Ildwins »

Similar thing happened to me. I had to share a project with a TVP 10 user (I have TVP 11). I saved my project without TVPP compression (as compressed TVP11 files cannot be opened in TVP10) and sent the project to her. After opening the file, some layers couldn't be edited and she couldn't draw anything to some of them and the whole project froze. There was also a red message at the bottom ''Layer locked''. Have no idea how it happened, because I definitely didn't lock any layer. They were just inactive at the time of saving in TVP11 and had assigned a layer colour which is not included in older versions. So after a while I tried to set the colour of those problematic layers to default and make all of them visible, which somehow solved the problem. I guess that maybe there lies the main reason, but not sure. It's one of those software magics that sometimes happens.
D.T. Nethery

Re: Seriously locked layer

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Ildwins wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 14:22 They were just inactive at the time of saving in TVP11 and had assigned a layer colour which is not included in older versions.
It seems that the differing layer color groups in v10 vs. v11 is a problem . Another user mentioned it in this topic:

Layer Colours issue between TVP10 and TVP11
viewtopic.php?t=15322

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1