Disable Line Smoothing when Freeh Hand Selection Tool is active

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Cardin

Disable Line Smoothing when Freeh Hand Selection Tool is active

Post by Cardin »

It's rare that I need line smoothing when using the Free Hand Selection tool. It often just slows down what is typically a quick action for me. So I think it would be helpful to have the option to auto-disable line smoothing if the free hand selection tool is active. In fact, this already seems to be the case with Rectangle, Polygon, Ellipse Selection.

This request is this is similar to D.T. Nethery's request to have line smoothing deactivated when using the eraser. But I'm requesting this option be added for the Free Hand Selection tool as well.

Thanks to D.T. Nethery for initiating the suggestion...
D.T. Nethery wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 15:54 Do you need Line Smoothing enabled when using the Selection Tool ? If not, I wonder if the developers could add a function where Line Smoothing is automatically disabled when switching from a Drawing Tool to a Selection Tool ? Photoshop has this functionality. When Line Smoothing is enabled in Photoshop it only applies to using a brush or pencil tool , but the Line Smoothing is automatically turned off when you switch to using an Eraser or a Selection Tool, then smoothing is back on when you switch back to using a brush or pencil tool again. I'm reminded that a couple of years ago I had added a request in the Feature and Improvement Requests sub-forum to have Line Smoothing automatically disabled when switching from a Drawing tool to an Eraser. I still think that would be a desirable behavior. I wonder about the same when switching from a Drawing tool to Selection tool ? Would it make sense to have the Line Smoothing automatically disabled ? (or do you need Smoothing on when using the Selection tool ?)
TVPaint 11 Pro(11.7.2-64bits) Nov 14, 2023 Release
System: i9-13900K, 128GB RAM, Intel Arc A770(16GB), Win 11 (Ver. 10.0.22621 Build 22621)
Wacom Cintiq 4K (Driver 6.4.5-5 Jan 25, 2024)