Hold a key to temporarily activate a tool Topic is solved

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Ross

Hold a key to temporarily activate a tool

Post by Ross »

Hi, I recently bought Tvpaint and I am coming from a Toonboom background.

Is there a way to long press a key for a tool and have TVP automatically revert to the previous tool upon releasing the key?

For example: If I had my brush selected and I hold down "E" for the eraser tool, TVP switches too the tool and I would have to press "B" again for my brush. What I am proposing is that with my brush tool active and I Hold down "E" without releasing, I will temporarily have the eraser tool active. When I Drop the "E" key then TVP will revert to the brush without me having to press "B" again.

I think photoshop also has this feature. Where if you have the brush active and you hold the ALT key, the dropper tools become temporarily active. THis can reduce the number of steps to do a task and not to mention my muscle memory from Photoshop and Toonboom (which both have this feature) is messing me up.

Thanks
--SPECS--
Windows 11
AMD RX 580 (8GB)
AMD Threadripper 3970x (32 core)
112GB Ram

TVP 11.5.3
XP-Pen Artist 24 pro
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Hold a key to temporarily activate a tool

Post by Dean »

Hello Ross, sadly not. But this is something we'd like to see implemented in future TVPaint versions.
Probably a vampire