Specs for Amiga TVPaint IFF TVPP project files

To talk about anything else
haraldk

Specs for Amiga TVPaint IFF TVPP project files

Post by haraldk »

Hi,

I just joined this forum as an old Amiga TVPaint user. I just sold my old A4000/CyberStorm/CyberVision setup and got my old files off the Amiga hard drives. I have several files in the IFF FORM DEEP and FORM TVPP formats that I like to convert to something more modern for preservation. I am writing the conversion software myself in Java, and have support for pretty much everything IFF format in my Java ImageIO IFF plugin.

My question: Does anyone (official or not) have the specs for the Amiga TVPaint IFF TVPP file format?

I have found some specs for the IFF DEEP format, the TVPP format seems to be pretty much the same, with some extensions. I have been able to reverse engineer most of it, but I still don't fully understand the specific "chunks" MIXR, BGP1 and BGP2 (the last two seems to be RGB colors, but not sure what their usage is). Also, I'm not sure how to find the number of layers (DBOD chunks) in the file. Is it always 3? Or encoded somewhere in the file? All my files seems to have 3 DBOD chunks...

All my files have normal RLE (PackBits) compression, but I'm also interested in info on the other compressions.

Best regards,

--
Harald K
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Specs for Amiga TVPaint IFF TVPP project files

Post by Thierry »

Hi Harald,

I don't think we still have this.
Also, please refrain from posting anything related to reverse engineering the TVPP format, as this is a copyright infringement of our intellectual property.

Best regards,
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
haraldk

Re: Specs for Amiga TVPaint IFF TVPP project files

Post by haraldk »

Hi Thierry,

That's unfortunate. But thank you for a quick response!

Perhaps my use of "reverse engineering" was a misnomer. I am not in any way trying to decompile or otherwise recreate your copyrighted code. Just trying to understand the file format. :)

Best regards,

--
Harald K