presumably corrupted file crashes tvpaint when starting Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
2dbert

presumably corrupted file crashes tvpaint when starting

Post by 2dbert »

Hello,
I have a file that not only will not open since I last saved it, but also causes the program to crash when I try to start it. The file is 1,6 MB but I believe to have had bigger files which TvPaint handled without a problem, and so it is presumably corrupted.
Unfortunately, it was the last file I worked on, and because I had the program set to "open last file at start", it crashes the program when I try to start it, no matter with what other file, because the program tries to open the corrupted file prior to any other. In other words: as it is, I can't open TvPaint on that particular computer. When trying to open that file on other computers it will crash the program instantly too, but on those other machines I can still use the program, because other files were saved last, and accordingly will be opened automatically first.
Now, I removed the damaging file from the folder where I had saved it in the hope to get a "path doesn't exist" message and a running program, so I could worry about that blasted file later. But alas, no luck, it still crashes, very much to my surprise actually.
After that, I saved another non-corrupted file with the same file name in the original place hoping to trick TvPaint like that, but again it crashes.

Now I have some questions: Is there a way to stop TvPaint from trying to open the last saved file without actually having to open it? If so, how would I best go about it? If not, is it hopeful to uninstall and reinstall the program?

The other question is to the TvPaint team, and of course it's whether it's possible for you to try and salvage the damaged file by any chance.

The computer in question is a MacPro from early 2009 running on OS X El Capitan, the software is 11.08 Pro 64.

Thank you!
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
TvPaint Animation 11.0.6 Pro
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: presumably corrupted file crashes tvpaint when starting

Post by Thierry »

Hi,

Judging by the file size, I doubt that there are any info in it, but feel free to send it to me in a PM, just in case.

About the other issue, I would first advise you to update the software, as we are now in v11.5.3. Then, if it still doesn't work, you will need to recreate your user configuration, by going in the Library (in the Finder, go in the "Go" menu, then hold the Alt key, and "Library" should appear) folder, and deleting the "tvp animation 11 pro" folder.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
2dbert

Post by 2dbert »

Thanks, will do!
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
2dbert

Post by 2dbert »

Ok, just to let you know, I did all of the above and now I can use TVP again, thank you once again.
Yiynova MSP19U