Samsung Tab S7 (S7+) Anyone using with TVPaint-Android?

To talk about anything else
Svengali

Re: Right Mouse Button on Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse

Post by Svengali »

More Right Mouse Button Information for the new Android TVPaint version11.5.3 on the S7+:

Yesterday I installed a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse on my Galaxy Tab 7S Plus... mostly for use in DeX mode.

Loading TVPaint version 11.5.3 in non-DeX mode, the mouse works as a DRAWING TOOL, the same as the Stylus Pen (except without Pressure variation) as expected, but the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON WORKS AS ERASER MODE OF THE CURRENT DRAWING TOOL!!!

This gives me hope that a simple addition to the Android code might be tweaked to allow the Stylus Pen Switch combined with the Stylus Pen Tip to work as if the Right Mouse Button has been depressed...

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Tylos

Re: Samsung Tab S7 (S7+) Anyone using with TVPaint-Android?

Post by Tylos »

its works on android 11 great. :) I mostly like it as it is ant don't have complains...

I had few android tablets(s4 tab, galaxy note 12.4, galaxy note 8, s7 tab+ ) Right click(at least for me) never worked as aspected.. not sure way. Usually i use functions from top down meniu. Its ok..and i finishing on pc anyway if i need something more complicated. Then I am at home i like to use pc version on my android whit remote screen (https://superdisplay.app/) and then it's best experience for me(but i haven't tried keyboard and right click.. i think it is not working).
Xavier

Re: Right Mouse Button on Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse

Post by Xavier »

Svengali wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 15:20 the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON WORKS AS ERASER MODE OF THE CURRENT DRAWING TOOL!!!
Hi Sven, sorry for my late answer, this sounds like the normal behaviour of the recent TVPaint versions !
Try to modify this setting (you can enable only one at at time, but you can also disable both) :
Capture d’écran_2021-11-12_09-49-03.png
Capture d’écran_2021-11-12_09-49-03.png (38.24 KiB) Viewed 12145 times
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Tylos wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 22:32 its works on android 11 great. :) I mostly like it as it is ant don't have complains...

I had few android tablets(s4 tab, galaxy note 12.4, galaxy note 8, s7 tab+ ) Right click(at least for me) never worked as aspected.. not sure way. Usually i use functions from top down meniu. Its ok..and i finishing on pc anyway if i need something more complicated. Then I am at home i like to use pc version on my android whit remote screen (https://superdisplay.app/) and then it's best experience for me(but i haven't tried keyboard and right click.. i think it is not working).
Hi Tylos, thanks for your feedback ! there are so many combinations that it's hard for us to test them all.
Chillrobski

Post by Chillrobski »

Hi, Thanks for the TVPaint android fix! The app seems to be working very well but I'm still noticing a palm rejection issue when drawing. When my hand is rested on the stage, random lines and dots appear at times. This happens even with a glove on. When using my fingers to rotate/pinch and zoom on the screen the dots and lines appear occasionally as well. I have to zoom way out to rest my palm off stage and avoid rotating and pinch and zoom mostly. I've turned on the Stylus Only option in Preferences but will need to use keyboard inputs for rotating and zooming.

Is the palm rejection issue a Samsung android thing or is there a setting in TVPaint or on the device that I can access that would help with this issue? Thanks again and really appreciate any advice.
spyderheart

Post by spyderheart »

Just joined the club with a tab s7+ and using TVPaint on it is pretty amazing so far!
The only issue I'm having is that using a two finger gesture for canvas panning, rotating, and zooming misfires about half the time and I end up with unwanted lines being drawn.
Personally, moving the canvas is the only thing I would use touch for in TVPaint. Would it be possible in a future version to have the option of "use touch for canvas only"? It is is basically the same as "stylus only" mode but it makes an exception for canvas manipulation. This way the app doesn't need to sort out the ambiguity of whether a touch was meant to draw or to move the canvas (it would just always mean move the canvas). It would also mean that the worst that could happen from an accidental touch would be to move the canvas in some way - which is usually no big deal even if undetected.
Overall really impressed with the experience!
Thanks!
David
--------------------------------------------------------
TVPaint 11.7 Standard
System: 64GB RAM // 3 TB SSD // Core i7 8700K // NVIDIA GTX 1080// Windows 10 Home
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

spyderheart wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 06:47 Just joined the club with a tab s7+ and using TVPaint on it is pretty amazing so far!
Congrats ! thanks for the feedback, feel free to make suggestions in the "features & improvement requests" section :wink:
spyderheart

Post by spyderheart »

Xavier wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 16:39 Congrats ! thanks for the feedback, feel free to make suggestions in the "features & improvement requests" section :wink:
Fair enough. Wasn't sure if android stuff was to be kept in separate sections. I will add the request to that section. Thanks!
David
--------------------------------------------------------
TVPaint 11.7 Standard
System: 64GB RAM // 3 TB SSD // Core i7 8700K // NVIDIA GTX 1080// Windows 10 Home