script to resize FX Stack parameters to new project size

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
D.T. Nethery

script to resize FX Stack parameters to new project size

Post by D.T. Nethery »

EDIT: apparently this is not possible with George scripting (I had posted about this in Feature Requests , and Ematecki replied about the difficulties of doing something like this in George and with some suggestions of how it might be scripted in another programming language - see here .

I know almost nothing about scripting in TVPaint . So if what I'm suggesting is outlandish and quite impossible , please forgive my pipe dream.

But maybe someone who knows something about scripting can tell me if this is possible ?

I'm working on a project in 4K resolution, 4096 x 3072. I've got some multiplane scenes that are overscaled to 5K or 6K to allow for keeping the image quality sharp over the duration of long zoom-ins . Even at the "normal" 4K resolution TVPaint gets very laggy when working with the Multiplane Camera in the FX Stack.

Here is what would be useful: A script that would allow a multiplane project to be resized with the camera and planes parameters (X , Y , Z , Angle, Rotation, etc.) automatically updated to match the modified project's pixel dimensions.

For example, if I have a multiplane project at 4K 4096 x 3072 , all my planes are set up on separate layers and ready to work out the multiplane camera move , so now I would like to modify the project , downscaled to smaller pixel dimensions (say 1280 x 960) to allow for ease of use , so I can quickly position the camera and planes without the terrible lag that occurs when working at 4K.

So, at this point , my original project sized at 4096 x 3072 has been Modified to a project sized at 1280 x 960 .

In the modified project, 1280 x 960 , I will work out the multiplane camera moves.

NOW , the issue is if I try to load the Multiplane Camera Fx Stack parameters back into the full size 4096 x 3072 project , they don't work, because the parameters are for a smaller size project.

What is needed is a script that would take the multiplane camera parameters from the FX Stack in the smaller project ( in this case 1280 x 960) and automatically upscale those parameters (in this case upscaling 320% ) to work with the larger project (in this case 4096 x 3072).

Is this possible ? A script to do the calculations automatically would be so much easier than manually recalculating everything and transposing the parameters .

(EDIT: no , not possible , so I withdraw the question.)

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1