How to remove exposure using George

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
MaciejGliwa

How to remove exposure using George

Post by MaciejGliwa »

Hi guys,

I noticed there is a george command tv_ExposureAdd that allows to move exposures forward. Is there a tv_ExposureRemove command or something that would actually remove an exposure? Basically the opposite operation to ExposureAdd. I tried to put -1in the argument in the tv_ExposureAdd function, but it didn't change the behaviour, is was still adding an exposure instead of removing it.

I tried different things but with no success. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Svengali

Re: How to remove exposure using George

Post by Svengali »

Other people may have already asked and/or answered a similar question somewhere on the forum...

Try an advanced search of the forums (click on the gear next to the magnifying glass, upper right) and enter search term "remove exposure".
It should turn up a couple of discussion threads of GEORGE that could be helpful to you. :D

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Maybe I'm not understanding the question well enough, but I resolved the issue as I understand it by combining two shortcut commands thus: Layer: Exposure: Go to Instance Head+Layer:Exposure and assigned it to a keyboard key. Later I made a custom panel button using this command.

What I can't understand either is why this hasn't been permanently resolved within TVP's toolbox or some other such place. Doesn't everyone want this simple feature? But maybe I'm not understanding this thread.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Hi Paul,

I think the question being asked here is in the context of creating in GEORGE, an "extended, scripted solution".

Usually the shortcut commands perform an individual function or stand-alone operation (which by itself works well). But in a scripted situation the desired action may need to be incorporated in a more complicated sequence of steps for some kind of multiple choice menu or multi-toggled states.

Often a one step shortcut command hides a whole sequence of necessary operations that need to be performed behind the scenes. :roll:

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Ah, I thought it can't be so simple a question and completely missed the first line of the thread :oops:
But as an explanation for my sloppiness I rushed in with my post because I still believe that this feature should have been a wired in tool early on in TVP's development and saw this as another opening to vet my frustration. I apologize.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
MaciejGliwa

Post by MaciejGliwa »

Sorry if I added spam to the forum. That was not my intention, I actually did scout through the forum and didn't see the similar thread, but I will use advanced search to look for it again. My apologies.

And yes, my question was in relation to specific George solution. I know it can be done with TVPaint function Key:Project:Clip:Delete Image, but that is not using George. I am just looking for George functionality that I could use within one George Script, just the way Sven explained. Thank you though.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

@Paul: its one of the hazards of posting - I've done it dozens of times.
Many other times I've rushed in to offer a "brilliant" button/script to a solution that already exists in shortcuts or single-line button actions... or, worse, something that solves the wrong damned problem. :roll:

@Mac: using the search option is more of an art than a science (finding the right search words can be a challenge). However, the knowledge base on these forums is rich and deep and always a good place to start. On the other hand, GEORGE commands and syntax methods can be obscure and you just gotta ask. :roll:

sven
Hironori Takagi

Post by Hironori Takagi »

I provide the Japanese user with a script to change the current instance to the specified number of frames and proceed to the next instance.
Since there is no command like tv_ExposureRemove, tv_ExposureSet is used instead.
The function is the same as “N" (set custom exposure) of HandyCustomPanel, except that it proceeds to the next instance.
Attach the source.
Attachments
StretchNFrGoNext_181207.grg
(4.39 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020