frame rate button

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
malcooning

frame rate button

Post by malcooning »

When I play around with my animations I tend to try different frame rate speeds in playback. So I skip between 30, 25, 60, 12.5 and so on, and whenever I finish playing around I bring it back to a default 12.5 fps. But in order to bring it to a default 12.5 i need to always right click the remote control FPS button, and type in 12.50

How about that instead of the button '3' (3 FPS), which is, I assume, hardly ever used by users, you can put a custom button that when right clicked you can enter a custom frame rate, but then this frame rate stays, so that whenever I left-click that button it gives me the custom frame rate I set.

what you think?
elmisilhumano

Re: frame rate button

Post by elmisilhumano »

malcooning wrote:
what you think?
I think it is a good idea.
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

And that same behavior on all the frame rate buttons ?
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

it might be a good idea.

Eric, if you do this on all buttons, you could consider reducing the total number to 4 buttons.
because i can't really see much use for more then 4 different custom preview speeds per project
benefit....: it would reduce the panel size.

also... did you guys consider a vertically orientated remote panel?
this would basicly look like a loose bottompart of the project window
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Tantalus wrote:also... did you guys consider a vertically orientated remote panel? this would basicly look like a loose bottompart of the project window
This been a long time request of mine, to make the chunky remote control more flexible, or use the format that already exists at the bottom of every project window. I mean, if we can have one FX panel to control all windows, and one remote control to control all windows, why do we need all the controls at the bottom of every window?

The Main panel could do with some loosening up too!
elmisilhumano

Post by elmisilhumano »

A bit off topic. It seems that most of the people use tv paint in windows mode but I always use it as a full screen mode cause I found it nicer when rotating canvas. Is there some reason to use it as a windows mode. Maybe easier to jump between the projects??

M.
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

elmisilhumano wrote:Is there some reason to use it as a windows mode. Maybe easier to jump between the projects??
With the tab key you can change project fast.
With the "project" tab in the layer panel too.

So no, there isn't any reason beyond individual preference I guess.

EM.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !