Playing frames kills display when screen saver kicks in

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
cartoonM!ke

Playing frames kills display when screen saver kicks in

Post by cartoonM!ke »

I've tried this with multiple apps open at the same time, and just my OS and TVPaint 8.5.x -- When I play an projects (scene) in TVPaint and set the play to loop everything's okay until the screen saver starts. Then both my monitors go black and the only thing that works is a reboot, usually 2 (sometimes 3), to get my system back in working shape.

I've tried it with an animation that's 16 frames long and 360 frames, same thing with both files.

Mac OS X 10.4.10, all the current updates and drivers and such...

Mac Pro Tower, dual Processors 3GHz, 2 Gb RAM, 240 GB free on my start-up drive. Dual monitor: Apple 23" Cinema and 20" Samsung Syncmaster. ATI Radeon X1900 with 512Mb or VRam. Capicorn. Likes long walks with that special peripheral on moonlit nights...opps, wrong forum :lol:

The Work-around that seems to prevent this is to have a corner of one of my monitors set up to prevent the Screen saver from activation. The screen saver is the one that comes with the OS, set it up to show my Itunes album covers.

Any idea what could be causing this, as long as I save before playing the animation, I don't lose any work and this isn't a showstopper for me, but it is a speed bump of sorts.
I don't want it all --
Where would I put it?
TVPaint
Site Admin

Re: Playing frames kills display when screen saver kicks in

Post by TVPaint »

Never heard of such a bug before honestly. We have to take a look at it, thanks for the detailed steps to obtain this behavior. We'll keep you posted.
cartoonM!ke wrote:Capicorn. Likes long walks with that special peripheral on moonlit nights...opps, wrong forum :lol:
:lol:
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

We have test it here and we have not this problem. Are you using the OpenGL Feature of TVP Animation?
Ex TVPaint Team
cartoonM!ke

Post by cartoonM!ke »

Patrice: I turned off Open GL and the screensaver kicks in okay and the displays are okay. Thanks!

TVPaint: the next full moon is next week, I have my cellphonehooked up with a motion detector so it'll take pictures. :wink:
I don't want it all --
Where would I put it?