Samsung Tab S7 (S7+) Anyone using with TVPaint-Android?

To talk about anything else
Xavier

Re: Samsung Tab S7 (S7+) Anyone using with TVPaint-Android?

Post by Xavier »

Yup, I'll check that but as we know that it's going to take time, the task has been postponed to later. Sorry :?
Chillrobski

Post by Chillrobski »

Hi, Just wondering if there might be an update on a fix for TVPaint/Android. I too purchased a Samsung Tab S7 Plus for TVPaint on the go. It worked for about 3 months then after a Android update it wouldn’t open anymore. When it did work the palm rejection on the Tab 7 was a bit off. Anytime the pen moved across the screen random blue lines appeared. Understandably during the pandemic development at all companies have been affected. If this is no longer in development can a disclaimer be posted to inform TVPaint users not to purchase devices incompatible with TVPaint/Android in its current form? While I’m fortunate enough to be a working artist currently, many students and struggling artist might benefit from a notice. Thanks again for all your efforts and appreciate any feedback.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, a disclaimer message is already displayed in the Android download section of the user's account.
Development has not stopped at all for the Android version, but some changes introduced with Android 11 make the update harder to develop.
Probably a vampire
Chillrobski

Post by Chillrobski »

Hi Dean, thank you for clarifying the status for TVPaint Android. Really appreciate your feedback and apologize for missing the disclaimer.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Should be okay now, please get it from your account ;)
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Xavier, pleased to report that TVPaint v. 11.5.3 Pro for Android is up and running on my Samsung Tab S7+ after installation. Looks and feels fantastic! :D :D :D

I need more time to run tests and try a few scripts with the new installation. Will post an update later.

A GIANT THANK YOU! Well done so far...

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

After a week getting to know TVPaint Pro Android version 11.5.3, I have several issues to pass on:

1. The stylus switch does not work for me... I need its default RMB functionality to really make use of TVPaint on the Tab S7+, like erase mode for drawing tools, and easy editing of icons. I also use RMB detection in numerous GEORGE scripts for menus and interface actions... Has Anyone else using the update had a similar problem with the stylus switch and RMB functionality?

(In Windows 8.1, the Wacom Tablet Properties provide total control over the tablet/stylus settings - is there a similar utility for the stylus on the Tab S7+ which would let me configure and test its stylus functionality? If not, perhaps Android version 11.5.3 needs to provide some Preference special option for setting the stylus functionality?)

2. The optionalTab S7+'s Cover/Keyboard combo (which I believe depends on bluetooth connectivity) works for some of the default keyboard shortcuts and not others (specifically, Control+AlphaKey combos like Control+K). Does anyone else using the 11.5.3 update experience a similar problem with the combo Cover/Keyboard and non-functional Control+AlphaKey shortcuts?

3. The (1-2-3) re-scale display sizes in configuration may modify (re-scale) some screen layouts (for example the shortcut configure window) so they become inoperable - meaning buttons options and window scroll sliders are no longer visible (specifically, scale 3). Not sure how to fix that or if that is also a problem when re-scaling displays for Windows and Mac???

more later.

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Tylos

Post by Tylos »

Hi, is it already working on Android 11?. In download page it says it doesn't?
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Tylos wrote: 01 Nov 2021, 10:57 Hi, is it already working on Android 11?. In download page it says it doesn't?
Yes, it should. At least on the devices on which it was tested, it does.
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Tylos wrote: 01 Nov 2021, 10:57Hi, is it already working on Android 11?. In download page it says it doesn't?
Website is now updated :)
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Svengali wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 15:16 After a week getting to know TVPaint Pro Android version 11.5.3, I have several issues to pass on:

1. The stylus switch does not work for me... I need its default RMB functionality to really make use of TVPaint on the Tab S7+, like erase mode for drawing tools, and easy editing of icons. I also use RMB detection in numerous GEORGE scripts for menus and interface actions... Has Anyone else using the update had a similar problem with the stylus switch and RMB functionality?

(In Windows 8.1, the Wacom Tablet Properties provide total control over the tablet/stylus settings - is there a similar utility for the stylus on the Tab S7+ which would let me configure and test its stylus functionality? If not, perhaps Android version 11.5.3 needs to provide some Preference special option for setting the stylus functionality?)

2. The optionalTab S7+'s Cover/Keyboard combo (which I believe depends on bluetooth connectivity) works for some of the default keyboard shortcuts and not others (specifically, Control+AlphaKey combos like Control+K). Does anyone else using the 11.5.3 update experience a similar problem with the combo Cover/Keyboard and non-functional Control+AlphaKey shortcuts?

3. The (1-2-3) re-scale display sizes in configuration may modify (re-scale) some screen layouts (for example the shortcut configure window) so they become inoperable - meaning buttons options and window scroll sliders are no longer visible (specifically, scale 3). Not sure how to fix that or if that is also a problem when re-scaling displays for Windows and Mac???

more later.

sven
Hi Sven, thanks for your report but it's a bit too much in the same post ^^ you'd better do a separate topic for each issue, because here in the middle of a conversation the risk to lose the information is pretty higher.

Regarding the stylus you mention, which model is it ?

Regarding your keyboard shortcut issues, are you sure your Android keymap is correct ? but indeed, I did some tests and the CTRL key doesn't seem to be recognized properly.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Thanks Xavier for confirming my report.

1. I have TWO Styluses on which the barrel switch does not function as RMB with the new TVPaint Android (android 11) - the principal stylus I am testing is the default one included with the purchase of the Galaxy Tab S7+. I've also tried out another Android Stylus purchased separately... some time ago on Amazon... which previously worked as expected on my older Samsung Galaxy 10.1 - I don't have a model ID number for that older, 3rd party one.

2. Keyboard Shortcut Issue: First, my report on the non-functionality of all shortcut keys using the CTRL key are the ONLY problem. All others work as expected and are the DEFAULT SETTINGS when installing TVPaint. The only one I changed was CTRL K to SHIFT K so that I could bring up the Shortcut Key interface... and that change works for direct access to the Shortcut Key Editor.

3. Apology: Please ignore the third issue reported: for 1-2-3 rescaling of the TVPaint interface. Option 1 and Option 2 work perfectly, as expected. Option 3 simply scales so large it moves the right panel thumb-slider off screen in the Shortcut Key Editor's Interface display, (which totally make sense).

===================================================

Any future bug reports or functionality questions which I submit for TVPaint 11.5.3 Android, will be limited to one subject per post (added to this thread) to avoid confusion or loss.

sven
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Svengali wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 20:14 1. I have TWO Styluses on which the barrel switch does not function as RMB with the new TVPaint Android (android 11) - the principal stylus I am testing is the default one included with the purchase of the Galaxy Tab S7+. I've also tried out another Android Stylus purchased separately... some time ago on Amazon... which previously worked as expected on my older Samsung Galaxy 10.1 - I don't have a model ID number for that older, 3rd party one.
Samsung seems to have its own way to manage the stylus(es). Sorry, I'm not sure of the kind of behavior to expect.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Xavier wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 13:34 Samsung seems to have its own way to manage the stylus(es). Sorry, I'm not sure of the kind of behavior to expect.
That's disappointing because it greatly reduces the usefulness of TVPaint on the Samsung Tab S7+ update under Android 11.

One thing occurs to me as to solving the RMB (stylus switch) functionality on the TVPaint update. I tested the new stylus (that comes with the S7+) on my older version of Android TVPaint on my old Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet, and the new stylus's RMB functionality works fine.

Would it be possible to look at the old code for the previous version of Android TVPaint to see how RMB on the stylus switch is handled there? That might suggest a solution for the new TVPaint Android release for Android 11.

I know the Stylus switch (RMB button) functions as ERASE MODE on the Android 11 version of Clip Paint, so it is possible. Thanks for trying...

sven
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

There might be a tweak, but it'd rather be at the stylus configuration side (the Samsung specific driver) than from within TVPaint.

I'll have a look.