Various stuff made with TVPaint

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Fabrice

Re: Films made with TVPaint

Post by Fabrice »

Soom wrote:
Paul Fierlinger wrote:Do you know if all the animators were working with TVP? Because my guess is probably not and if that is the case, how does a production like this get coordinated if animators not only don't know each other but most likely didn't even use the same pipeline?
All worked on TVP with no exception. Not knowing each other is normal these days - most big productions employ freelancers that work distantly. But in the terms of style it was very important for most of us to work in-house for a while just to get into the head of the directors.
We should do an user-story, at least when we will see the film.
(It used to be one of my favorite book when I was a child ... :) )
Fabrice Debarge
Soom

Post by Soom »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Amazing -- and no one here knew. You must have a secret handshake. Where is in-house; which country/city? The film seems to hail from sveral countries.
Where is "here"? :)
In-house was in Berlin, thats where the main production was done. Schesch was a producer of the "Three Robbers" also. Some BG and animation work was done in Ireland in Cartoon Saloon too. Some cleanup was also outsourced to the far east I think. Probably other things were outsourced too.
I got on the project because I worked with Cartoon Saloon before, and was hired by them and only later I continued working with Schesch in Berlin. Secret handshake is something everybody needs to get a job I suppose :)... It was a big international team, I suppose all know each other somehow through somebody through other productions.
I'm not sure though how much info I can spread about the production itself - I think for insights would be better to talk to the producers. Suppose they would want to keep some secrets to themselves :)
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I understand; I guess I was mainly curious where you are from. :oops:
From what you tell us it seems to validate the stories that there is a worldwide shortage of classical 2D animators, and particularly now, when hand drawn animation is going through a revival. Would you agree?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Soom

Post by Soom »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:I understand; I guess I was mainly curious where you are from. :oops:
From what you tell us it seems to validate the stories that there is a worldwide shortage of classical 2D animators, and particularly now, when hand drawn animation is going through a revival. Would you agree?
I'm from everywhere - lived in many different parts of the world :)
I would say there is a shortage of good 2D productions also. I guess it's related. Less productions – less animators...
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

one more question :

The "look" of Moon Man was this one in the book :

Did the realisator keep the same ?
Attachments
jean-de-la-lune.jpg
jean-de-la-lune.jpg (45.82 KiB) Viewed 62131 times
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Fabrice wrote:Did the realisator keep the same ?
It seems :)

Soom

Post by Soom »

The style was tried to be kept as close as possible to Tommi Ungerer, but it's always very difficult when translating a small book to a feature film. I think the production did it's best to keep the characters, the animation and the backgrounds as close as possible to the original. It's a very moody and illustrative film. We, the animators, were asked to keep the animation kind of a living illustration - "Less is more" was the directors key saying :)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

it should have been a pretty difficult challenge, because if I remember well my chilhood, the book was less than 20 pages ...
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Some FX, by Matthieu Scanlon :)
bleupencil

Post by bleupencil »

WOW! Nice one!
slowtiger

"Der Mondmann" (Moon Man) premiere announced

Post by slowtiger »

TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

I saw this posted on Cartoon Brew tonight:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/shorts/ad-lu ... illon.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The filmmaker , Ghislain Avrillon , writes of 'Ad Lucem' :
"It is a traditional 2D animation (ie animated frame by frame by hand). In detail, I did not draw on paper but on a graphics tablet with TVPaint software, a powerful digital tool for traditional technique."
http://adlucem.fr/infos.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elodie

Post by Elodie »

by students from the French school "EMCA".
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

So refreshing and innovative in style and concept! It is such a pleasure to see a film coming out of a school where the students are obviously encouraged to take risks and find new ways of expressing themselves. I particularly like the economical editing and camera moves in and out of black limbo. This is a perfect example of how to effectively handle the time constraints of class productions; congratulations!
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
bleupencil

Post by bleupencil »

Such great finds! They both have an interesting visual approach. I particularly like the second one.