Just wondering ... was it made with TVPaint ?

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Xavier

Just wondering ... was it made with TVPaint ?

Post by Xavier »

Gathering of the Tribe : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XinVOpdcbVc

I'm not sure ... was it made with TVPaint ? which hints can I take to tell if it was ?
Peter Wassink

Re: Just wondering ... was it made with TVPaint ?

Post by Peter Wassink »

i can't tell...
but on his instagram he explains about his workflow for (some of) his animation,
No mention of TVPaint:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFkFR2JBKaY ... _copy_link
Aldous Massie

Process sketches for an upcoming project with @alyshabrilla
The sketches are very roughly done on paper, then redrawn digitally in Photoshop with a Wacom Cintiq Pro (graphics tablet). The digital sketches are colour-coded to separate things including shadows/highlights and layered animation elements.
The inking is done in Clip Studio Paint, then brought back into Photoshop for colouring. The backgrounds are painted digitally in Photoshop too.
I try and create as many frames as possible in Photoshop (cell-based animation) before importing the file into Adobe AfterEffects to time the different elements.
The AfterEffects exports are then brought into Adobe Premiere. This is where I add things like cuts, zooms and sound. The edit is finished when it *feels* right, and the final export is what I post here on Instagram.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Peter Wassink wrote: 26 Mar 2022, 15:08 i can't tell...
but on his instagram he explains about his workflow for (some of) his animation,
No mention of TVPaint:

Aldous Massie

Process sketches for an upcoming project with @alyshabrilla
The sketches are very roughly done on paper, then redrawn digitally in Photoshop with a Wacom Cintiq Pro (graphics tablet). The digital sketches are colour-coded to separate things including shadows/highlights and layered animation elements.
The inking is done in Clip Studio Paint, then brought back into Photoshop for colouring. The backgrounds are painted digitally in Photoshop too.
I try and create as many frames as possible in Photoshop (cell-based animation) before importing the file into Adobe AfterEffects to time the different elements.
The AfterEffects exports are then brought into Adobe Premiere. This is where I add things like cuts, zooms and sound. The edit is finished when it *feels* right, and the final export is what I post here on Instagram.

Well, to each his own in terms of his preferred work flow , he may have his reasons for that work flow ... BUT ... to me that sounds like a lot of extra steps using three different software programs which could ALL be accomplished in TVPaint. (maybe use After Effects for advanced compositing and camera moves if necessary. )

A streamlined workflow based on his workflow described above would be like this using TVPaint:

- Rough animation on paper .
- Scan rough drawings and load scans in TVPaint
- Tie down rough drawings with additional digital drawing in TVPaint.
- Ink (clean up) drawings in TVPaint.
- Color drawings in TVPaint.
- Add FX and Camera Moves in TVPaint (optionally in After Effects if it requires complex camera movement that TVPaint can not easily accomplish)

All in one software program, TVPaint . (maybe two if AE is used).

-

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Peter Wassink wrote: 26 Mar 2022, 15:08 i can't tell...
No mention of TVPaint:

Thanks, I didn't notice this ! too bad no TVPaint mentioned, however :|