Select and Export (or Delete) more than one saved FX

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
D.T. Nethery

Select and Export (or Delete) more than one saved FX

Post by D.T. Nethery »

I am suggesting to add Select boxes next to each of the saved FX in the Presets bin or the FX bin so that a group of saved FX could be selected and then Deleted or Exported as a batch action rather than having to Export or Delete the saved FX one at a time . So the option would be to put a check mark in a box next to each FX you want to Export or Delete (and also perhaps have a Select ALL option if you wanted to Export or Delete all the saved FX in the list ).

As it is now if you want to Export an FX in the list to make a back-up of the FX in a folder so it can be re-loaded into the FX Stack at a later time the FX have to be exported one at a time and they must be manually named when Exporting. By default when exporting a FX from Presets or FX Bin the file is "Untitled". I believe the behavior should be that it is automatically named with the name as it appears in the FX Bin list. The same thing with deleting: if you want to delete a single FX on the list or multiple FX on the list (or ALL the FX on the list) you must do it one at a time , which can be very tedious if you have many old FX saved in the bin.

Here is the problem as it exists now. Each saved FX must be Exported (or Deleted) one at a time.
FX_Bin_and_FX_Presets_Saving_and_Deleting_bin_files.jpg

What I am proposing is to add select boxes next to each saved FX so you could select which FX you want to Export or Delete,
and the option to Select All , then you could Export All or Delete All if desired.
Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 8.10.36 AM.jpg
-----

The other part of this request is that upon Exporting an FX from the Presets or FX Bin, the exported FX file would automatically be given the same name it has in the FX Bin list , rather than showing up in the Export panel as "Untitled". It already has a name in the FX Bin list , so just automatically give it that name when exporting , rather than forcing the user to take time to type in a new name for it.
Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 8.29.51 AM.jpg

However, I will say that this thing about the file name showing up as "Untitled" when exporting it seems to me that it is a BUG which should be fixed rather than considered a "new feature" request as such. If a file already has a name assigned to it in the Presets or FX Bin list that name should be the name that shows up in the Export panel , right ? Why have it show up as "Untitled" ? It already has a title (name).

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1