Undo Threshold

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
nyum-nums

Undo Threshold

Post by nyum-nums »

Something very helpful for saving time in Clip Studio Paint is an option to turn on 'Undo Threshold.' Basically, instead of undo-ing every individual stroke of your pen, the user defines a certain amount of time [in milliseconds] between strokes or actions, and then if you undo once, it undoes every action that happened within that threshold.

Basically, instead of undoing every stroke while I'm sketching quickly for rough animation, it'd undo a patch of my sketch lines that were all made quickly in succession. I do like TVPaint, but having to press Undo for every single stroke I made brings my work to a stand-still for more time than I'd like.
Peter Wassink

Re: Undo Threshold

Post by Peter Wassink »

Thats an interesting idea...!

but for now
did you try the History panel?
It lets you jump back in the undo history..... still a bit of guess work but maybe a solution for your workflow?

Windows>Others>History
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
nyum-nums

Re: Undo Threshold

Post by nyum-nums »

I have tried the history panel, but that also requires a lot of trial-and-error knowing exactly what strokes I want to go back to without accidentally going too far. At that point I might as well repeatedly undo just so it's more precise. I've lost some work doing that in the past, I usually only use the history panel if I need to go REALLY far back.