Auto shift layers when changing project size

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
deruji

Auto shift layers when changing project size

Post by deruji »

I just had this come up for a project. When increasing the height of the project canvas, all the layers default to be in the middle. Problem was I needed to have the canvas extend only towards the top, not the bottom. So I had to manually move a dozen layers back down for each clip.

It would be nice to have an improved feature to be able to choose if the images/layers remain at the bottom or top of the canvas or in which direction the extension goes. Simliar to the resize canvas feature in GIMP or Photoshop.
Screenshot_20210804_172437.png
Screenshot_20210804_172437.png (33.14 KiB) Viewed 6598 times
The traditional 2D animator working with local and international artists.
You can help support my work to make traditional animation, here.
Hironori Takagi

Re: Auto shift layers when changing project size

Post by Hironori Takagi »

This operation is possible with the crop tool.
However, since the origin is fixed at the upper left, it can be easily expanded to the right and bottom, but for expansion to the left and up, you need to calculate the starting point yourself.
210805.jpg
As a solution to this problem, I have created a panel called Resize Project and published it on the Japanese user forum.
This panel still has some inconveniences, it doesn't have an interface and you can only specify how many pixels are plus or minus in one direction.
I hope this feature will be added to TVPaint itself.
Attachments
ResizeProject_200818.tvpx
(63 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020
deruji

Post by deruji »

Hironori Takagi wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 05:21 This operation is possible with the crop tool.
However, since the origin is fixed at the upper left, it can be easily expanded to the right and bottom, but for expansion to the left and up, you need to calculate the starting point yourself.

210805.jpg

As a solution to this problem, I have created a panel called Resize Project and published it on the Japanese user forum.
This panel still has some inconveniences, it doesn't have an interface and you can only specify how many pixels are plus or minus in one direction.
I hope this feature will be added to TVPaint itself.

Thank you. It looks like this crop function is not explicitly mentioned to also expand, at least not in the manual as of now, and honestly is very counter intuitive.

Your panel looks like it fits my needs. I hope a similar tool is implemented soon.
できますよ。ありがとうございます。
The traditional 2D animator working with local and international artists.
You can help support my work to make traditional animation, here.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

What you want can be done very easy and intuitively using the croptool,
In my opinion TVPaint does this better then Ps.
it is truly WYSIWYG... you can hardly get more intuitive then that, what is it you miss?

it would be nice if it was possible to set a centerpoint from which you resize.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM