What Cache amount should I put on Manual?

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
BinaryD00D

What Cache amount should I put on Manual?

Post by BinaryD00D »

This isn't a technical problem so I thought ok to post my question here.

Sometimes the lines in my TVP, after it has been open for a while, start to be quite unresponsive. Very difficult to make quick strokes. Considering this doesnt happen when I open a project for the first time, I think it might be related to the Cache.

I have my Cache set to Auto. But I don't know the average of that. So I was thinking of switching to Manual, however I'm scared of screwing something up. So I wanted to know what the Cache usage should be... Max I can set to is 1638 Mb.
Peter Wassink

Re: What Cache amount should I put on Manual?

Post by Peter Wassink »

Auto is using half of the available which i believe normally is optimal,
1638Mb is maybe on the low side.
A memory upgrade is a good way to easily improve the performance of your system
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

BinaryD00D wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 20:45 This isn't a technical problem so I thought ok to post my question here.

Sometimes the lines in my TVP, after it has been open for a while, start to be quite unresponsive. Very difficult to make quick strokes. Considering this doesnt happen when I open a project for the first time, I think it might be related to the Cache.

I have my Cache set to Auto. But I don't know the average of that. So I was thinking of switching to Manual, however I'm scared of screwing something up. So I wanted to know what the Cache usage should be... Max I can set to is 1638 Mb.
Sorry, first things first-> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6167
BinaryD00D

Post by BinaryD00D »

Sorry didn't realize this threas was still on... I upgraded to TVP 11.5! Oddly enought, though the program is faster, certain brushes are slower than in TVP10. Is it because thgey have additional complexity maybe, like in the oil brushes. It is now set to 16 gb of RAM. Thank you for the answers!