Text Font Roll-over Preview

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
BruceM

Text Font Roll-over Preview

Post by BruceM »

I recently worked on a project which required a lot of text fonts in the backgrounds. It would be super-useful if the Text font library had a rollover function where you could quickly see what each font actually looks like before choosing it. It would speed things up immensely!
slowtiger

Re: Text Font Roll-over Preview

Post by slowtiger »

-1. Against it. On systems with many fonts installed this can slow down the application immensely. Happens with others already.

If this would be an option whitch is switched off by default, I'm OK with that.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
WilliamHarrell1

Post by WilliamHarrell1 »

hmm
WilliamHarrell1

Post by WilliamHarrell1 »

It’s also essential to use the rights fonts for your project. When you hire someone to create a font for your project, you give them permission to use any type of fonts they want for the work. You don’t have to pay for the rights to the fonts they create or the costs of displaying them on your website. However, by using the rights fonts, you give the creator a monetary value for their work. Also, you can use plenty of free fonts. My favorite one is https://upfonts.com/nike-font. There you will find all the fonts you need for free.
Last edited by WilliamHarrell1 on 13 Sep 2021, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Maybe you know about this already but if you have the Text Tool selected and a line of sample text in the MAIN TEXT INPUT Window, Notice the FONTS NAME POPUP BUTTON is followed by a small button with THREE DOTS on it.

Clicking on the THREE DOTS Button opens a handy FONT BROWSER WINDOW that lets you interactively test EACH AND EVERY ONE of the AVAILABLE FONTS (alphabetically listed) on your sample line of text for:
1. Font TYPE
2. Font STYLE
3. Font SCRIPT
4. Font SIZE

Set the FONT SIZE to some large number and you can scroll quickly through each FONT in the list applied to your sample line of text, using your up and down arrow keys (or directly choose any FONT in the list using the scrollbar thumb).

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

BruceM wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 17:05 I recently worked on a project which required a lot of text fonts in the backgrounds. It would be super-useful if the Text font library had a rollover function where you could quickly see what each font actually looks like before choosing it. It would speed things up immensely!
As Sven said, it is already possible to preview the font.
A bit hidden but there! in the [...] button in the; Tool:Text brush panel
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM