Tips for coloring animation

You got a problem with Mirage or Aura ? Tell us here.
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Tips for coloring animation

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

gladysila wrote:What Stop Motion Animation Progream is Free and Great to use for Proffessional Artwork?
Professional artwork always implies that you receive money in exchange for your artwork.
I want to use a Free, Virus-Free, and Proffessional Program to use when making these videos
But you want to deny the programmers their compensation for their professional work. By asking for "Free, Virus-Free, and Proffessional Program" you imply that you are seeking information for a link to a safe crack. What I hear in your request is: I want to make money using a program I don't want to pay for. Unless something has been lost in translation, there is morality missing in your request.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
thearts

Post by thearts »

gladysila wrote:What Stop Motion Animation Progream is Free and Great to use for Proffessional Artwork? I make Stop Motion Animation videos and I use Windows movie maker. I know that Windows Movie Maker is for editing only so I want to use a Free, Virus-Free, and Proffessional Program to use when making these videos. So can anyone help me?
instead of giving u a smart @ss answer i will give u a normal honest opinion .
we just finished making our stop motion using a digital camera and windows movie maker/imovie. it's possible and u can do it. we took a bunch of pictures with the camera then upload it onto movies maker/imovie , then just fixed the timing and add music/voice/sound effects. It's simple as that.

I think the most important thing is your ability to create interesting artwork not the software itself. If u use a professional program u have to learn how to use it and it's capabilities which makes it even harder.
Last edited by thearts on 23 Dec 2009, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
thearts

Post by thearts »

deloresi wrote:How should I go about getting a career in animation? I'm looking to get a career in animation. Making video games, cartoons, shows (like Japanese anime), and even movies (like Wall-E). I haven't finished high school yet so I'm wondering, how should I go about pursuing this right now? Any special classes or electives I should be taking at this time? Thank you very much for all suggestions and answers!
writers,editors, producers,colorist , background, and so on, depending on what u want to do.

if u want to be the person who draws and color the frames you need to have a good art background and have good solid drawings an example http://blacksataguni.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If u can't break it into the animation industry then u can make your own independent animation, like Terrence walker, makoto shinkai , and many others out there.

if u can afford tvpaint ,buy it and start making animation already, it's a great start., tvpaint is for everyone beginners, and pros alike. Studio ARtfx got some pretty good tutorial videos u can buy. http://www.studioartfx.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Terrence got some very insightful information on starting your own animation. : ) .