[updated] QuickSave & Load button set

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
Svengali

[updated] QuickSave & Load button set

Post by Svengali »

Here is a little Panel called Image - save&load that I use all the time...
Image - save&load.jpg
Image - save&load.jpg (5.97 KiB) Viewed 1847 times
They function outside the normal TVP file management and are really just a quick and dirty solution to save images with minimal fuss.

Files are always saved to the same Folder, the location and names are hardwired in the script: QuickSaveImages The folder is created the first time you save an image (and it tells you that it has been created.)

Supporting All OS...

Layer .png files automatically have a prefix: TVP-Layer followed by five numbers which start at 00000 and auto-increment with each save.
DISPLAY .png files automatically have a prefix: TVP-Display followed by five numbers which also start at 00000 and auto-increment with each save.

1.REloads any of the images already in the same directory (either TVP-Display with opaque background or TVP-Layer with alpha) on the current frame and current layer.
2. Saves the current frame, CURRENT LAYER ONLY (with alpha transparency) into a .png file
3. Saves the current frame DISPLAY (all visible layers and opaque background) into a .png file

After you click either save button you will see a dialog box with the name of the file about to be saved but if you want to overwrite the one you just saved, you can change the number back to the previous incremental value. Be warned that it will save immediately when you click OK in the dialog box.

I personally used them to capture any project frame or layer I want to save as WIP. I sometimes remove saved images from the folder and those missing numbers get filled in as new images are saved meaning the numbering of the images doesn't necessarily reflect the order in which they were saved (but the files dates would give you that anyway.)

Report any problems here, thanks.

Sven

UPDATE November 14, 2013: MAC and LINUX TVPaint users should now be able to use these three buttons for QuickSave of Display and Layers. Feedback appreciated from MAC and LINUX users.

Where to find the QuickSaveImages folder:
Windows 7 = C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\QuickSaveImages
MAC = /Users/<username>/QuickSaveImages
Linux = /home/<username>/QuickSaveImages
Attachments
ImageSave&Load.tvpx
November 14, 2013 Update: Buttons now accommodate MAC and LINUX filepaths
(225.5 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Last edited by Svengali on 02 Jul 2016, 01:28, edited 5 times in total.
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
D.T. Nethery

Re: QuickSave & Load button set

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Svengali wrote: Files are always saved to the same Folder, the location and names are hardwired in the script: C:\QuickSaveImages2\ The folder is created the first time you save an image (and it tells you that it has been created.)

(not sure if this filepath will work on MAC... if not, perhaps one of the programmers could explain the Mac path option?)

I can confirm that this does not work for me on my Mac (Mac OS 10.7) Clicking on Save Layer will get a pop-up saying "New Folder named QuickSaveImages2\ created" , but after clicking OK the result is a pop up that says: "Can't Open File"

Then a search for a new folder named QuickSaveImages2\ is not found on my Mac.

So as you suspected it must need to have a different file path option for Mac.

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

This script cannot work on Mac OS, or Linux.
Only Windows uses letters for the disks (C:\, D:\...), while Mac OS and Linux use a different system.
In MacOS for example, your home directory is located in /Users/<username>.

Here's a comparison of how Linux, MacOS and Windows handle their filesystems :

So, to make sure your script works on the 3 Os, the folder QuickSaveImages2 can be placed in :
- Linux : /home/<username>/QuickSaveImages2
- Mac : /Users/username>/QuickSaveImages2

To recover the home directory regardless of which OS you are using, you should use this George command : tv_getpath "Home"
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

And I think accessing the root of c:\ doesn't work on a recent windows if you aren't administrator ...
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Thanks Thierry and Eric, for the info and comments.

I'll try to redo the scripts' for all three buttons and re-post the results in a day or two.

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Svengali

Re: [updated] QuickSave & Load button set

Post by Svengali »

The original post has been updated with a new TVPX file which has been modified to work for MAC and Linux users. If/when any MAC and/or Linux user tries out the update could you please post feedback here?

Thanks, Svengali
idragosani

Re: [updated] QuickSave & Load button set

Post by idragosani »

It works well on Linux, for saving and loading. However, these things to note:

1. I get a dialog popup telling me it created /home/idragosani/QuickSaveImages for every use, even if the directory was already created.

2. When I load an image, even though the image loads into the frame, I get this error dialog.
tvp-error.png
tvp-error.png (8.51 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

cant you just make the work directory for this user configurable?????
TVPaint Animation Pro v11
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

ematecki wrote:And I think accessing the root of c:\ doesn't work on a recent windows if you aren't administrator ...
I would prefer being able to set the destination path, filetype, etc
TVPaint Animation Pro v11