Multiplane

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
jbird013

Multiplane

Post by jbird013 »

Is there a tutorial out there on setting up a scene with a multiplane camera?

TVPaint Animation 10 Pro
D.T. Nethery

Re: Multiplane

Post by D.T. Nethery »

No video tutorial that I am aware of , but in the User Manual the chapter 'Lesson 16' is a tutorial in how to use the Multiplane Camera .

http://static.tvpaint.com/downloads/man ... sson16.pdf

The project file used for the lesson is found in the Folder of "Contents & Examples" which can be downloaded here:

http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... amples.php

The project file is named MPC.tvp
jbird013

Post by jbird013 »

Thank you
jbird013

Post by jbird013 »

When I export the file to AVI, I don't see the camera move. How can I export the move?
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

jbird013 wrote:When I export the file to AVI, I don't see the camera move. How can I export the move?
have you applied the multiplane_fx on the animlayer content, or just previewed it without applying ?
jbird013

Post by jbird013 »

thought I had. Didn't realize you needed to select all the images to apply it. Got it, thanks.
jbird013

Post by jbird013 »

More mulitplane camera questions

When you change the values to one of your planes to resize or change y values over the course of your scene, does setting the key for that one plane set keys for all the other planes?

Is there some way to know which keys apply to which plane?

If you set the top key are you setting all the keys?

Can you move the keys up and down the timeline?

Is there any way to make a layer temporarily transparent in preview so you can see the layer underneath to which you are applying values?

Thanks

TVPaint Animation 10 Pro (10.0.14)
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

jbird013 wrote:More mulitplane camera questions

When you change the values to one of your planes to resize or change y values over the course of your scene, does setting the key for that one plane set keys for all the other planes?

Is there some way to know which keys apply to which plane?

If you set the top key are you setting all the keys?

Is there any way to make a layer temporarily transparent in preview so you can see the layer underneath to which you are applying values?

Thanks

TVPaint Animation 10 Pro (10.0.14
)

I wish I had some quick and easy answers for you. I have to confess that the Multiplane Camera baffles my brain and I usually feel like I'm re-learning it every time I use it (which is not often , so I think that's part of my problem. It's not the fault of TVPaint , it's because I don't use the tool often enough ; regular use of a tool is necessary to become adept with it and honestly I've never worked on a project in TVPaint that required sustained use of the Multiplane tool. Mostly I've just "played" around with it . I need to learn it better. )

I'm sure this is also on the long "To-Do" list of video tutorials that need to be made.

Here's one thing I think I can answer for you before someone from TVPaint chimes in on the more complicated questions:
If you click on a keyframe + so it is highlighted yellow + you can hold and drag it to another point on the timeline .

Also , on this question :
if I understand you correctly , I think you can just use the slider to dial down the opacity on the layer to make it transparent, so you can see the layer underneath .

ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

D.T. Nethery wrote: ... Also , on this question :
if I understand you correctly , I think you can just use the slider to dial down the opacity on the layer to make it transparent, so you can see the layer underneath .
... or use the layers attenuation option in the preview panel, (TVPA 10.5.x required).
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

jbird013 wrote: TVPaint Animation 10 Pro (10.0.14)
You should update !
jbird013

Post by jbird013 »

Thanks. I've been exploring other issues, but these comments were helpful.