Panning erase my drawing

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
anguscoleman

Panning erase my drawing

Post by anguscoleman »

I am realy getting into Tvpaint, and more I work, more questions I have. One important (also dumb, I think) is this one: when I draw something and then move it (with panning tool) outside the drawing area, when I reposition it back in the area, the part that went out is completely gone, erased.
How can I avoid to lose my work just because I position it out of the drawing window?

2) Also....there is a command like the hand in photoshop, to move the whole area faster than scrolling the bars down and beside the main area?

Thank you very much. Excuse my weird english... :)

Angelo
slowtiger

Re: Panning erase my drawing

Post by slowtiger »

Whatever you place outside the project window ist lost. This is the way TVP works.

Alternative workflows:
1. Use a camera project (if you have Pro). Make the project bigger than the camera view.
2. Use the keyframer to move stuff.
3. Always duplicate a layer before you do pans.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
mox

Post by mox »

anguscoleman wrote:I am realy getting into Tvpaint, and more I work, more questions I have. One important (also dumb, I think) is this one: when I draw something and then move it (with panning tool) outside the drawing area, when I reposition it back in the area, the part that went out is completely gone, erased.
How can I avoid to lose my work just because I position it out of the drawing window?
In the Panning panel, you need to select "fill" instead of "shift" and the whole content will loop.
2) Also....there is a command like the hand in photoshop, to move the whole area faster than scrolling the bars down and beside the main area?
To move the project in the window -> Alt + (press) left click.
Alt + right click will zoom in and out.
Jerome Lorin
Moxica (playground)
(Win11/TVP 11.7.1-64 bits pro)
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I find the little PAN button on the bottom frame of the Project Window handy because I can use it with my pen.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
anguscoleman

Post by anguscoleman »

Thank you,tiger, paul and mox. I did not see the pan button on the window project bottom before. Very handy, paul. I also have put a hotkey on my left side of the monitor with the command Alt (as mox said). Very nice.
Mox: for panning tool question, I saw the command warp, instead of fill, but the loop is not what I needed. I needed to have a drawing that i could put half outside the project window, than 3/4 inside, than whole inside, in a sequence, to flow from right to left. I can use keyframer (tiger), but I wanted to check if it was possibile in the simplest way, like in PS. Tiger, I like your alternative solutions (camera, etc.), but I don't know them yet. I have been studying for too few days now :) .
Thank you so much to all...You are so quick and kind in your answers. Hope not to get you bored in the next future.

Ciao :)

Angelo
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

For something like this: work in reverse! Then select the frames and use "Image > Reverse Order".
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
anguscoleman

Post by anguscoleman »

Tiger, I just tried it.
Very smart. Yuk :)

Angelo