can i work between pro 10 and standard 10

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
cheska_star

can i work between pro 10 and standard 10

Post by cheska_star »

im studying animation at uni and they use the pro 10, i however as a student cant afford that one and was thinking of buying the standard 10 version. will i be able to work on the pro at uni take it home then work on the standard...then take that from home and work at uni on the pro without any problems?
Paul Fierlinger

Re: can i work between pro 10 and standard 10

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

The answer is ANO. One of my students is already doing this since the student version of ten doesn't feature the Camera tool (but camera moves can be done with the KeyFramer) she prefers to use the Camera tool and reloads what she has done at home into the school's computer to create them, then continues on the same project back home.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

You can move between the two but you should avoid using features that only exist in TVP Pro, like the camera, Xsheet, layer blending modes, etc., because they will be lost in the Standard version.

You can't get educational discount for Pro version? I think with the discount Pro costs about the same as the full standard price.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
cheska_star

Post by cheska_star »

idragosani wrote:You can move between the two but you should avoid using features that only exist in TVP Pro, like the camera, Xsheet, layer blending modes, etc., because they will be lost in the Standard version.

You can't get educational discount for Pro version? I think with the discount Pro costs about the same as the full standard price.
it can be discounted but the full version is still £300 when you add vat and p&p. where to standard works out at £180.. as it my first year i really don't know what i will be using and what half of the stuff is on there, so going between the two sounds great but its a waste of time and money if i need to use features of the pro...
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

idragosani wrote:
You can move between the two but you should avoid using features that only exist in TVP Pro, like the camera, Xsheet, layer blending modes, etc., because they will be lost in the Standard version.
Hmmm... I guess that makes sense but with the camera if you render the move out, you can reload that into your standard version.
The way I understand it is that the full blown Pro is not available as a student version. The missing features are ghosted so you can later upgrade. That's how it works as I understand it.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
cheska_star

Post by cheska_star »

i can get TVPaint Animation 10.0 Professional Edition with a student discount from the education section, not sure if its the full version though. tbh it has completely confused me and i really just don't know what to get.
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

cheska_star wrote:i can get TVPaint Animation 10.0 Professional Edition with a student discount from the education section, not sure if its the full version though. tbh it has completely confused me and i really just don't know what to get.
You should directly contact Fabrice or Elodie, they can help you (probably not online right now, as their business day is done).
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

TVPaint Animation 10 Professional Edition and TVPaint Animation 10 Standard Edition are two different products (the comparision table is here : http://static.tvpaint.com/products/comparison.pdf )

The education section of the store just allow to purchase a cheaper software for the students. Only the prices change, not the software.
Fabrice Debarge