Stretch a frame to the left

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
Boomslang

Stretch a frame to the left

Post by Boomslang »

This is always bugging me, you can drag a frame to the right, but not the other way around so you have to work around it in a weird way. Might be handy if you can stretch it both ways?
Sewie

Re: Stretch a frame to the left

Post by Sewie »

Yes you can... What frame handles do you use?
(And why is this posted in 'Contents Sharing'?)
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Boomslang

Post by Boomslang »

Ah, sorry, thought it was feature request..
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

No problem.
Did you figure it out, though? You can use any of the handles on the frames in the timeline.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Boomslang

Post by Boomslang »

I just purchased TVpaint 9, (still waiting for the unlock code), so I have the normal standard handlebar. As you can see, there's only a square on the right side, and I'd like there to be one on the left. Is there a way for that? Thanks

Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Boomslang wrote:I just purchased TVpaint 9, (still waiting for the unlock code)
You've just asked for it... Please, let us the time to get our emails, read them and answer them ¬_¬
Boomslang wrote:As you can see, there's only a square on the right side, and I'd like there to be one on the left. Is there a way for that? Thanks
Not sure it should be useful.
Boomslang

Post by Boomslang »

You've just asked for it... Please, let us the time to get our emails, read them and answer them ¬_¬
Uh I wasn't being impatient about the unlock code, did I came across that way? I'm sorry. :oops: Do take your times! :wink:

Anyway, I find it would be handy, because sometimes when you animate on a layer you want to stretch it to the left, now the method is just to stretch it to the right and delete the frames that preceed it. It's kinda hard to explain, sorry. Maybe there is an easier way that I don't know about.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Boomslang wrote:Anyway, I find it would be handy, because sometimes when you animate on a layer you want to stretch it to the left, now the method is just to stretch it to the right and delete the frames that preceed it. It's kinda hard to explain, sorry.
No, I understand, you're right, it's interesting if the first instance doesn't start on the image "0"
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

In theory, grabbing the left bar with the option "add empty exposures" should do it. However, it adds two instances which is a bit confusing.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

And why isn't there a instance handle in the top left corner of the first instance of a layer?
Maybe that should be a feuture request to add a instance handle in the top left corner of the first instance?
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Boomslang

Post by Boomslang »

slowtiger wrote:In theory, grabbing the left bar with the option "add empty exposures" should do it. However, it adds two instances which is a bit confusing.
Well what I mean is that you can drag the instance to the left and that the rest of the frames that preceed it also shift to the left. Exactly the same as what happens when you drag it to the right. But I guess this wouldn't work because the left side isn't infinite, like the right side. Frames would have to be erased in order for it to work.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

madsjuul wrote:And why isn't there a instance handle in the top left corner of the first instance of a layer?
Maybe that should be a feuture request to add a instance handle in the top left corner of the first instance?
-Mads
Indeed !
I already requested this (more then a year ago)
But it wasn't picked up
(i did find out though, that there is no proportional correlation between the font size of a request and the speed of its implementation.... :wink: )
FR-handle missing.jpg
FR-handle missing.jpg (25.78 KiB) Viewed 2604 times
Peter Wassink wrote: i miss having a "question free" instance length control (or startpoint control) on the first instance, its the only instance in the layer that does not have it and i cannot think of a good reason why.

adding this would make the layer control, faster, free-er and symmetrical ( you can push and pull the end and begin point of all instances except the first)
it got only one response then; from Paul:
by Paul Fierlinger » 01 Mar 2010, 12:19

Can this really be done!? I've never asked for it because I thought it wasn't possible. But if it can be done, please let's have it soon ...
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Peter Wassink wrote:(i did find out though, that there is no proportional correlation between the font size of a request and the speed of its implementation.... :wink: )
FR-handle missing.jpg
this request don't really deserve huge font imo :wink:
... it doesn't miss so much to me, because :
1) I rarely need to lengthen the first instance left-side over the starting frame (before frame 0),
2) if I do, I simply drag the left-handle, and set the "increase layer length" option to Repeat/Exposure.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

ZigOtto wrote: this request don't really deserve huge font imo :wink:
1) I rarely need to lengthen the first instance left-side over the starting frame (before frame 0)
?
my projects often have dozens of layers most of which don't start at frame 1 (or 0)
believe me.... this request Does deserve a big font!
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

I personal in my woekflow don't need the handle on the first frame. But I think that it is unlogical that it is missing. that is is a inconsistency in the interface, And I don't like that. So I think it a top left layer handle on the first instance should be added.
-mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2