StepDraw - use to apply looping cutbrush to layer sequence

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
Svengali

StepDraw - use to apply looping cutbrush to layer sequence

Post by Svengali »

This TVPX file contains a little button called StepDraw (that calls a script by the same name). It makes it very easy to position and apply a looping animbrush of images to a sequence of frames (walk cycle or falling raindrops or what have you.)

Once the tvpx is installed, the StepDraw button should be assigned to a shortcut key. Here's one way to use it:

1. Create a multiframe animbrush that can loop - a walk cycle for instance - and make sure the animbrush's MODE is set to Loop .
2. On the current layer, select a start frame.
3. Turn on the Light table for the current layer.
4. Position the animbrush where you want the first frame to stamp.
5. Press the shortcut key which stamps the animbrush onto the frame then advances the layer to the next frame (the light table will display the image from the previous frame). Also, the animbrush is automatically advanced to the next image in the animbrush sequence ready to be stamped on the new current frame.
6. Each time you click on the shortcut key, the animbrush image and the layer frame both step forward.

Thus, precise placement of cycling animbrush images onto advancing layer frames becomes simple.

Sven
Attachments
StepDraw.tvpx
(56.5 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
shylevari

Re: StepDraw - use to apply looping cutbrush to layer sequen

Post by shylevari »

Hello Sven :)
For the life of me I am unable to locate the option of installing new plugins in TVP :(
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Drag&Drop the .tvpx file into your tvpa working window,
then, RMB-click the Custom Panel icon from the main toolbar, and check ON the name of the tvpx file in the popup CP list,
now it should be installed in one of your panel bins .
shylevari

Post by shylevari »

Works great! now i can have the same cycle over and over on the same layer! not very reversable.. but much cleaner to handle.
Now to a related question: is it possible to alter the apperance of a set brush? i.e. it's tint?
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

shylevari wrote: ... Now to a related question: is it possible to alter the apperance of a set brush? i.e. it's tint?
well, in "stamp" mode, just change the A color,
in "color" mode, you have to copy/modify it (one of the color_FX, HUE-rotation for example), and grab (cut) it again.
or alternatively, keyframe the original animbrush on several animlayers, then color-modify each layer as want (FX-stack).
bleupencil

Post by bleupencil »

I just want to say, this is a great plugin - thank you SO much for making it!