Fractal noise and co.

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
malcooning

Fractal noise and co.

Post by malcooning »

Does anybody have a link to where I can get stuff like Fractal Noise for TVP? once there was one up here, but it's long dead.
would appreciate much!

Cheers
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

as far as I can remember, it was included in the "tool set" (or "Power Box") from Benoit Saint-Moulin...
so I think Benoit would be better than me to talk about fractal noise in TVPA.
(no guaranty, as my memory lacks frequently)
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

do Benoit attend this forum?

Can anybody else help on how I can generate animated clouds/fog/myst effect? (I think Mirage has this option in its plugins, doesn't it?)
evar

Post by evar »

www.thephi.com/tvp/multiplanetest.mov (dont mind the jitter, its the codec I used... )

I was testing the multiplane camera function way back when, I didnt save the project because I was just playing. The fog is made of 4 layers (in a separate project 2x the width) with just an airbrush with 3 colors - and then the layer brought down in opacity.

Otherwise, you'd be looking to use with the smoke particles in the FX stack - that is animatable - and could probably generate what you're after.

FX - Rendering - Paticles Generator - FXBin - Presets - Pyrotechnics - and whatever smoke you're after... or make your own :)
Evar Simon
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

very nice clouds there Evar!
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
fanany

Post by fanany »

malcooning wrote:do Benoit attend this forum?
yes, now and then, drunk or not, ... the beer is so fresh in belgium! :)
malcooning wrote:Can anybody else help on how I can generate animated clouds/fog/myst effect? (I think Mirage has this option in its plugins, doesn't it?)
evar wrote: FX - Rendering - Paticles Generator - FXBin - Presets - Pyrotechnics - and whatever smoke you're after... or make your own :)
make your own, using your own particule-source-brush matching your own style,
with your own settings, matching with your scene, and don't be afraid to multiply the Particule-FX
on different layers to play with different settings, adding time-stretchings, transparencies, ...
so you will get a better "in depth" feeling.
on top of that, I personnally would apply a Zwarp-FX* using the same source (but +time-offset),
or a turbulence* animated layer as Zbuffer to add complex deformations and get a more organic/fluidity animation.
can you tell us more on what exactly you want to achieve, malcooning?

** if you haven't these, use the warpping-grid with few cels, in spline mode.