Mads Juul Panel

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
Mads Juul

Re: Mads Juul Panel

Post by Mads Juul »

ZigOtto wrote:your unpeg tool is pretty cool, indeed, but it doesn't work when the previous
(bookmarked) instance is a single frame instance (no exposures), maybe the script could be tweaked
with "add an empty Instance" instead of a "break and clear" next frame, ...
I still haven't look closely into it, but I guess it could be adapted to work with single frame instances imo.
Also I wonder why not to have the same tool without using bookmarks at all,
by using straight-ahead the neighbouring instances, explanation :
when no bookmarks set, it would means you are already positioned on the inbetween,
and it would go and pick the previous head as CustomBrush,
add an empty instance between the previous and the current ones,
then let you paste it (or edit and paste it).
just an idea ... or using the light-table's mode :
- Bookmarks (requiring 3 bookmarks, current position on the "inbetween" to draw in),
- Instance ( working with the previous, current and next Instances),
Yes it doesn't work when the animation is on ones. The problem is that if the script add an empty instance then it alters the timing. And I wanted to avoid that. but I guess it is the only solution. and maybe I was a little lazy to put it in this special situation. I like the idea with not necessarily using 3 bookmarks. and I like it be dependant of the light table mode. maybe if its on lighttable mode the script should clear all bookmarks. put a bookmark on the current the next and previous instance and then go to bookmark mode. just to make it clear for the user that the script has been evoked. hmmm I can see some other problems with that has to be tested in a working enviroment to make sure what feels most naturally
ZigOtto wrote: about your Chart tool, it looks very handy as well, at least when working in a team,
with assistants and inbetweeners, the only thing I can't get rid of, is that the nb
and the circle (or under-bar) are not centered here, I don't know why actually,
maybe something to tweak in the tvpa text tool settings, I've tried with different fonts
at different size, it's always (vertically) offset ... :? (see pict.)
chartoffset.png
thats a strange off set must be some setting in the text panel that is different between us.Lets find out

ZigOtto wrote: I haven't tested yet the export layers and playblast thing, but anyway, it's a really cool
(and rich) custom panel, and thanks for the podcast-demos, well-done Mads !
I bet some of these tools could be part of the standard Anim Panel in a next future !
:wink:
thank you very much. I think the export layers can be very handy for peple compositing in other software
ZigOtto wrote: ps:
what's the difference between your "Stamp in Place" embedded script,
and the Tools: Re-Apply CustomBrush command ?
[/quote]

I wanted to demonstrate that in a podcast. But I have my cut brush on "Brush Smooth" so my Custom brush smooth always in on medium. But when you stamp in place and you havn't scale or rotated your cutbrush it still blurs the line a little. And i'm using it to copy drawing from one instance to another. so what the script does is if the custom brush is not scaled or rotated it stamp in place with smooth set to none.
thnaks for the feedback
-mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Ok lets test this script Zigotto and compare

Code: Select all

tv_Dot 150 150
tv_circle 150 150 100
I have tested it with the pen brush
offsetBug_pen.jpg
and text
offsetBug_text.jpg
is it the same on your computer Zig?
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

yeap, idem result here ...

it should have been something to do with the handle position with the text tool,
I just changed your line : "g = yf-(textsize/3)" by "g = yf " and it seems to work fine now .
(and the tv_rectfill line too : >> tv_rectFill xf-dia yf-dia xf+dia yf+dia)
in the break-down script,the 2 lines modified are :

Code: Select all

tv_rectFill xf-dia yf-dia xf+dia yf+dia
	 tv_Line xf-(radius) yf+(radius*0.8) xf+(radius) yf+(radius*0.6) 0
:)
chartNbCentered.png
chartNbCentered.png (3.35 KiB) Viewed 2534 times
chartNbBD.png
chartNbBD.png (1.92 KiB) Viewed 2509 times
Last edited by ZigOtto on 23 Nov 2009, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

madsjuul wrote:... But when you stamp in place and you haven't scaled or rotated your cutbrush it still blurs the line a little.
if applying a "Stamp in Place" blurs the pasted custombrush even a little bit, I think it should be reported as a Bug ,
a stamp-in-place operation, by definition, shouldn't modify the content, neither alter it imo.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Zig wrote:if applying a "Stamp in Place" blurs the pasted custombrush even a little bit, I think it should be reported as a Bug ,
a stamp-in-place operation, by definition, shouldn't modify the content, neither alter it imo.
by its definition, the algorithm used for brush smoothing - smooths. If you don't want your brush blurred then use 'none' for smoothing.
But I agree that logically no alteration should happen when stamping in place is used. So maybe not a bug report, but a request:
'stamp-in-place' should include temporary changing the brush smoothing mode to 'none'.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Mads I'm only now exploring your panel.

Charts is cool. even if I'll never use it (as in, I might never communicate this way with a team), I still find it great for presentation and reference. I'm only afraid of losing track after adding/removing frames and forgetting to change the chart numbers. Obviously would be great if these things updated automatically. Or, as you suggested, if the panel is embedded into TVP finally, Herve might find a way for the charting to apply automatically according to the revised frame count.
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

malcooning wrote: Herve might find a way for the charting to apply automatically according to the revised frame count.
Charting has always been difficult to change. My script made it a litlle easier. I don't know if charting is actually getting obsolete. or how it would be used in the future. Maybe we dont even have to use the numbers because the drawings is actuallt timed out . thats a difference compared to paper. we just used numbered charts on the last produktion because people was used to it. but I think next time I would go for charts without numbering. and then just indicate whether a drawing is a extreme a key or a break down and the oínbetweens being blanks. so I don't think The TV Paint team should use energi on implementing charting into TV Paint. it is also individual how to use it.
-mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

toonsisters

Post by toonsisters »

Just continuing this thought of modern charts:

What would it be if you could bookmark your instances in different ways like "key" maybe in black, "extreme" - red, "breakdown" - green, "inbetween" - blue (keeping it with Richard Williams :) )?
The instances could get a colored border or another colored highlight. Additionally the frame number could be switched on or off to appear in the corner of the frame.
And this bookmark stays with the instance, so it doesn't affect the timing.

And now going on further:

What would it be if you could change the flipping mode of the light table to keys only, to keys + extremes only, to keys + extremes + breakdowns only, and then to every instance of course.

Thank you Mads for your panel and the videos!
Vera
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Thats actually a nice idea with colored instances. Maybe Instead of calling it 'keys' and 'extreemes' and 'inbetweens' etc. Then create a more abstract system that people not used to that specific animation system also can use You could simply be able to give the instance for examble 5 different colors. and then you could exclude include your colors in the lighttable and flipping.
-mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

malcooning

suggestion for color coding frames

Post by malcooning »

I personally like the fact the the timeline is flowing and frames are represented without disturbance.
I think I'll find coloring of the frame burdening on the eyes. It'll make the interface over-complicated for new users I believe.
Besides, the frames in the timeline are already occupied by the frames themselves (if you use a 1:1 project format you don't get any blank area above and below the frames).
So instead, it's better to make use of all the available space around the frames - and there's quite a lot of it.
I think a strip of colors directly under the frames should provide enough signification of which type of frames it (inbetween, extreme etc):
frame signification.png
frame signification.png (1.06 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
Last edited by malcooning on 17 Jul 2010, 14:51, edited 2 times in total.
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

I'd like that.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
elmisilhumano

Post by elmisilhumano »

Me too.

M.
Mikko Vormala
elmisilhumano

Post by elmisilhumano »

HI Mads can you explain the "tools " bar. The numbers.

M.
Mikko Vormala
Felo

Post by Felo »

Great! I think the chart panel could be the solution for our recent problem!

....I feel really stupid: I've downloaded it, now I don't know how to install it! How do I import a new panel?

Oooops! I'm smarter than I knew! I did it. Thanks anyway!
chatbraque

Post by chatbraque »

Sewie wrote:I'd like that.
Me too !… might be great !