Tablet PC Toolbar

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
CartoonMonkey

Tablet PC Toolbar

Post by CartoonMonkey »

Hey everyone!
I've created this handy toolbar I use when I'm animating on my Tablet Pc, without a keyboard... Hope you find it useful.

Also, do you get lag on your tablet pc? Download TabTip Tamer V3!
http://www.cartoonmonkey.com/TabTip_TamerV3.htm
(Really smooths out drawing with Wacom pressure sensitivity in most Vector drawing apps, would probably work with TVP too.) -Read more about it on the site.

-Enjoy!
C
Attachments
tablettoolbar.jpg
tablettoolbar.jpg (149.19 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
tpc-tools.zip
(96.24 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Hooray, Chad's here !

Glad to see you here you ol' monkey.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
CartoonMonkey

Post by CartoonMonkey »

Hey David!

That "Gazelle" post on your blog is fantastic! You always blow me away with your ability to cartoon.

Good to be on the TVP team!
C
MrChoy

Post by MrChoy »

Thanks for that Chad. It looks real handy.
TVP still suffers from the wobbly line even with TTTV3 - though admittedly just with thin lines. They are working on it though :D
ramblindawg

How do I install a custom toolbar?

Post by ramblindawg »

Hi, all...I have used Mirage extensively in the past (on storyboards at Cartoon Network), but it's been a while, and now that I'm trying out TVPaint I can't figure out how to install these cool custom panels and toolbars you folks are sharing. I don't know how the directory structure works...do I have to store these files in a special place and then import them afterward?

I am currently using a Windows XP Tablet, but I also have a Mac G5 too.

I have looked thru the manual, but I haven't been able to find the answers. I really appreciate your help!

Thanks...Sherm Cohen
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

hi ramblindawg, and welcome!

you're right, the custom panel manual (how to ...) isn't very easy to find on the site, (...?)
I think that kind of helpful information should take place in the FAQ section .

Anyway, to import a Custom Panel, here's one of the ways :
- download and uncompress the .zip file, you'll get a xxx.bin file, and a xxx.data folder with its content,
- Then launch TVPA (pro), RMB on the Custom Panel's button and choose "Load a New Toolbar". (see pict.)
- Browse into your system in order to select the xxx.bin file, then press OK.
:)
Attachments
custompanel-load.png
custompanel-load.png (6.36 KiB) Viewed 2185 times
ramblindawg

Post by ramblindawg »

Thanks a lot, Zig...I thought I'd have to put them in a special folder or import the bin and data files separately. It worked just fine, thanks!

--Sherm
CartoonMonkey

Post by CartoonMonkey »

Yeah! Let me know if this panel works. You can always cut paste / customize, but I found myself using these primary tools:

The 1.5 brush for drawing, the adjustable eraser.. and those little green arrows for flipping through frames fwd & back one at a time. Also the ability to hide everything and turn on the light table at the same time.. lots of little nested commands.

!

Hey if anyone has any cartoony custom icon requests, let me know and I'll draw some up!
ramblindawg

Toolbar works great!

Post by ramblindawg »

Hi, Chad...Thanks for the toolbar...it works great! As usual, I customized it for my own needs (I chose not to use the adjustable-size pencil and eraser because the crosshairs that come up kinda freak me out). I especially like the way you added buttons that make other custom panels pop up. BTW--your TabletPC blog inspired me to finally get a Tablet...and using the tablet had driven me back to TVPaint...so thanks!!
oliveuk

Post by oliveuk »

Next/previous keyframe doesn't work here. How are you supposed to use it? Is it like in a 3d software?

Olive
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

i guess it's supposed to work when previewing a FX in the stack (like KeyFramer or whatever other FX),
with Keys previously created in the timetine.
oliveuk

Post by oliveuk »

ok yeah that s right thanks Zigotto. I got really excited about that feature but realised that just like the Flags. They don't move with the frames they are applied to..... too bad