Icons have disappeared

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
LorenzoBE

Icons have disappeared

Post by LorenzoBE »

Hello there,

Me again I feel that I've been pretty unlucky recently with TV paint. My new bug is now affecting my icons on the right hand side of the interface. I have since restarted my computer several times, hoping it would fix the issue.
Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. It already started in 10.5.4 so I upgraded to 10.5.5 but then got an error 1336 message. The two things are probably not linked as the icons started to display like this before the upgrade.

I am working on Windows 7 64 bit
Two: Intel XEON E5530 @2.4GHz processors
12 gb of ram
http://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/201 ... roblem.jpg
http://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/201 ... elprob.jpg

Thank you for your help.
Lorenzo
Soom

Re: Icons have disappeared

Post by Soom »

The second one is not related to TVPaint - it's a Sentinel Protection driver installation (for your dongle). If you had this working well with the previous version, and if you can run TVPaint without it asking for dongle -ignore it - you don't have to install the driver again.

As for TVPaint - I never saw a bug like this, but you can try and check your icons in the folder, where TVPaint keeps them. on my machine it's at c:\Users\(your_user)\AppData\Roaming\tvp animation 10 pro\default\icons\
See if they are there. if not - maybe somehow they got deleted, if yes - TVPaint lost link to them. you might want to try to reinstall TVPaint copmletely from scratch - it means to uninstall TVPaint first, clean your registry, restart, and install TVPaint again. if you are not sure how to do all that, don't try it - try more simple way of just reinstalling first.
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
LorenzoBE

Post by LorenzoBE »

Thanks Soom! I did need to clean the registry, but now it's all back to normal again after reinstalling it. I have no idea why it happened. Happy now though! :D
krycekuva

Post by krycekuva »

all the icons on the righten side panel disappeared. the buttons remain, but they are solid grey. i can click and they function, but i cant use them since i dont know what functions they have.

i already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program several times. even installing a newer version. i also deleted the registry. after uninstalling the program. am i missing something? is there something else i can do?

thank u very much in advance.

D.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

krycekuva wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 15:41 all the icons on the righten side panel disappeared. the buttons remain, but they are solid grey. i can click and they function, but i cant use them since i dont know what functions they have.

i already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program several times. even installing a newer version. i also deleted the registry. after uninstalling the program. am i missing something? is there something else i can do?

thank u very much in advance.

D.
Before anything --> we need your informations
krycekuva

Post by krycekuva »

true dat, sorry.

Hello there,

my pc is a laptop, 2,5 Ghz, 32 GB RAN, with 64 bit OS. Windows 10 Home.
i'm using a wacom intuos 5 touch m with Tvpaint 11

out of nowhere all the icons disappeared. the keys are still there, but they are solid grey. once i click them i do get the functions. they just dont show what they are. so its difficult to guess what button to click. i took a picture of the current situation, but uploading it it doesnt seem to turn upright, regardless one can see what i mean.

i tried unistalling the program and reinstalling it again. it keeps the previous presents so i assume even after uninstalling it, and installing a newer version , the registry remains and probable therefore the icons remain lost. is there anyway to fix this bug?

best regards and thanks in advance,

D.

https://ibb.co/WBbz0ZH
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, I think someone from your studio contacted me about this yesterday (I recognize the screenshot). I sent them an updated version of the Tool Presets panel to see if this one worked for you.
Probably a vampire
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

krycekuva wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 16:56 Windows 10 Home.
It's possible that due to a filesystem corruption, your configuration was altered. It can happen on Windows if your computer had a powercut, or if you turned off your computer without using the "Start->Shutdown" menu.

Try this : close TVPaint, then hit WIN+R and type %APPDATA% (or just type %APPDATA% in the file explorer).

In this directory you should have a subfolder named "tvp animation 11" or "tvp animation 11 pro". If you don't need to save your settings then delete this folder and restart TVPaint.

Otherwise, if you need to keep your settings, at first do a backup of this folder. Then try to locate the file named "config.ini" and open it in an editor : find the "[ToolBoxList]" section and remove its content (remove [ToolBoxList] and all the lines below, until the next [section]).
krycekuva

Post by krycekuva »

hey there, first and foremost i wanted to thank you for the help. i ended up going a different route. i had to completely uninstall the software and then install it again. at some point it asked me if i wanted to delete all info and i said yes. after i installed it again, the connections were there and i can see the rest of the icons. maybe this will help someone in the future, it is still working for me..:D

thanx again!
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

krycekuva wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 23:11 uninstall the software and then install it again. at some point it asked me if i wanted to delete all info and i said yes.
Yes, if you tick the checkbox then the TVPaint uninstaller will also remove the files in the %APPDATA% folder ;)