File Damaged (Yeah, I'm another Pirate)

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
marijaye

Re: File Damaged (Yeah, I'm another Pirate)

Post by marijaye »

I am using TVPaint Animation 11 Pro MIR (11.5.2-64 bits). One of the "bad" files attached. And, hello Thierry (and thanks Xavier)!
Attachments
mjZombieCombos_11102021.tvpp
(21.97 MiB) Downloaded 413 times
mari jaye
Windows 11
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900 @ 2.50GHz
32 GB Memory
1TB HDD/ 1 TB SSD/ 2 TB HDD
Touch
TVPaint 11 Pro 11.7.1-64 bits
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

marijaye wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 04:31 I am using TVPaint Animation 11 Pro MIR (11.5.2-64 bits). One of the "bad" files attached. And, hello Thierry (and thanks Xavier)!
Thanks for the file. Wow, I'm deeply sorry, I didn't expect to encounter a MIR dongle on the 11.5. This is a bug.

You've been using TVPaint for quite a while ! thank you for your support. But we're moving to a new license system, so I would advise you to get in touch with our nice support team to have your old dongle replaced.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Xavier,
I would like to put in a word for the wonderful MJ. She was my best student at the University of Pennsylvania years ago and has since become a Sesame Street animator and professor of animation at MIT in Buffalo, NY. She has "sold" numerous TVP software to her students and indeed the entire school faculty. I think she deserves a complementary current TVP 11 Pro if for no other reason than to be working with the top of the line edition since many of her students will be working with it themselves. Thank you in advance for taking this into consideration.

All best to you from Paul & Sandra
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Paul Fierlinger wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 14:10 Xavier,
I would like to put in a word for the wonderful MJ. She was my best student at the University of Pennsylvania years ago and has since become a Sesame Street animator and professor of animation at MIT in Buffalo, NY. She has "sold" numerous TVP software to her students and indeed the entire school faculty. I think she deserves a complementary current TVP 11 Pro if for no other reason than to be working with the top of the line edition since many of her students will be working with it themselves. Thank you in advance for taking this into consideration.

All best to you from Paul & Sandra
Hi Paul,
Just between us, a hotfix should be released next week to fix this bug among a few others.

But the old dongles are slowly dying, because they're not supported anymore by their manufacturer on the new operating systems ; so it's advised to migrate. In the long run we won't be able to keep supporting all of them.

I did not intend to deny MJ's work.
marijaye

Post by marijaye »

Hi Xavier and Paul!
Thanks so much for getting to the bottom of this issue. I have had that dongle since 2004, so I am not surprised it is causing an issue ;) I will contact the support team and figure out how to get a new one.
And Paul, thank you, as always, for the kind words (though I am at RIT, not MIT, in Rochester). I don't think TVP is asking me to purchase anything new, but your immediate support in speaking to the fact that I would never steal a TVP license is much appreciated! :)
mari jaye
Windows 11
32 GB Memory
Touch
Paul Fierlinger

Hi MJ,
I thought I had written this to Xavier's PM since I got it by pressing his Contact cloud but when I saw that this was not the case I just let it go. Good hearing and seeing you back here in muddy waters.
All is good,
P
Paul
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 11:49
marijaye wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 04:31 I am using TVPaint Animation 11 Pro MIR (11.5.2-64 bits). One of the "bad" files attached. And, hello Thierry (and thanks Xavier)!
Thanks for the file. Wow, I'm deeply sorry, I didn't expect to encounter a MIR dongle on the 11.5. This is a bug.

You've been using TVPaint for quite a while ! thank you for your support. But we're moving to a new license system, so I would advise you to get in touch with our nice support team to have your old dongle replaced.
Hi, btw please get the new build from your account and tell us if it's better !
(same version, same name but updated build, believe me)
marijaye

Post by marijaye »

Hi Xavier!
I have the new Wibu license and the new build, so it seems I am up to speed! I have not run into many differences in the update, but I will report back soon as to how the latest version is working! Thanks for all of your help!
mari jaye
Windows 11
32 GB Memory
Touch
marijaye

Post by marijaye »

Xavier, one thing I have noticed is now, when I open TVPaint, my Color Panel defaults back to blue as if I were opening it on a networked computer. It used to open up with whatever color I was using in the session previous. Any way I can change this setting and stop it from going back to TVPaint default blue each time?
mari jaye
Windows 11
32 GB Memory
Touch
Paul Fierlinger

I'm getting that too and it's bugging the hell out of me. I thought it might be something I had done but now that MJ is finding it on a virgin update I'd say this needs fixing. Only I get two colors because I get red, most likely because I used that in an earlier version to make the circle around the nib salient but that's not working either. My workaround is to uncheck "with colors" which is under "Grab current tool" in the drop down menu when RMB my drawing tool icon. It helps most of the time but under some circumstances the colors come back. MJ: you can also gety rid of the colors if you LMB on the tiny arrow between the two color windows. But again, they have a tendency to appear again and I haven't figured out what triggers this. Any ideas from anyone else?
Paul
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

marijaye wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 19:15 Xavier, one thing I have noticed is now, when I open TVPaint, my Color Panel defaults back to blue as if I were opening it on a networked computer. It used to open up with whatever color I was using in the session previous. Any way I can change this setting and stop it from going back to TVPaint default blue each time?
Well maybe there is something we can improve there.
Am I right to assume that you select the color using the mouse ? Is it the same if you select the color using your stylus ?
Paul Fierlinger

To me it happens just as MJ describes: whenever I open TVP and put my pen to tablet, the line comes out blue instead of black. Whenever I click on erase, whether my on button or in the TVP Main panel, my eraser starts with a red scribble instead of erasure. In my case it is the same blue I have picked for my left side Light Table and the red is the red I have designated for the right side.
Paul
marijaye

Post by marijaye »

Apologies, I lost track of this thread! @Xavier, when I open TVPaint and put my stylus to the Cintiq, the pen switches to default blue, no matter what it was set for when I opened the program (as Paul has said). My eraser works, but Paul and I might have different settings for what we use as "erase".
mari jaye
Windows 11
32 GB Memory
Touch
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

@marijaye I suspect Xavier has left the company by now.

https://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php ... 06#p131506
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
Cardin

Post by Cardin »

marijaye wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 03:49 Apologies, I lost track of this thread! @Xavier, when I open TVPaint and put my stylus to the Cintiq, the pen switches to default blue, no matter what it was set for when I opened the program (as Paul has said). My eraser works, but Paul and I might have different settings for what we use as "erase".
Marijaye, do you have the latest TVP build? This issue was reported back in May 2022 and fixed as of 11.7.0 released in September.

The quote below is from this topic: viewtopic.php?style=19&p=130862
Xavier wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 08:28
Cardin wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 00:59 As of version 11.7.0, I no longer have any issue with the Color Panel switching back to default...
Hi, I'm glad to read this :)
This fix was implemented on the go, so not in the tasklist and thus not in the changelog either.
TVPaint 11 Pro(11.7.2-64bits) Nov 14, 2023 Release
System: i9-13900K, 128GB RAM, Intel Arc A770(16GB), Win 11 (Ver. 10.0.22621 Build 22621)
Wacom Cintiq 4K (Driver 6.4.5-5 Jan 25, 2024)