Color Panel defaults to blue Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
jo_karts

Color Panel defaults to blue

Post by jo_karts »

Hello!

I was hoping someone could help me with a minor issue, whenever I open TVPaint 11 Pro (11.5.3-64 bit) the Color Panel's selection defaults to blue in my A color and black in by B color (image attached below). Other things like brush settings and such carry over from previous sessions, but the color always changes to blue and black. Is there any way I can change this, so it carries over from previous sessions? Thanks so much!
TVPaintBlue.png
TVPaintBlue.png (25.49 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
Xavier

Re: Color Panel defaults to blue

Post by Xavier »

Do you pick the color with your pen or with the mouse ?

Note : there's an improvement to come regarding this point.
Cardin

Post by Cardin »

This is happening to me as well, Xavier.

The issue started yesterday when the drivers on my wacom device failed, causing the pen to lose pressure sensitivity in TVPaint. After fixing that issue, the next time I opened TVP is when the errant behavior started for me. I pick the colors with the pen, by the way.

I remember reading about this same issue in a post not too long ago and found the following thread https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&p=126527
Unfortunately, none of the recommended troubleshooting helped.

What did "work" was switching from Wintab to Windows Ink in General Preferences. The problem I have with using Windows Ink is that it changes the behavior of the buttons on my stylus as well as how I use zoom. I much prefer to use Wintab for my TVP tablet settings.

It was stated in the thread listed above that this is a known issue and I'm happy to know a fix is coming soon (in the next update I'm guessing :) ). Thanks, Xavier!
TVPaint 11 Pro(11.7.2-64bits) Nov 14, 2023 Release
System: i9-13900K, 128GB RAM, Intel Arc A770(16GB), Win 11 (Ver. 10.0.22621 Build 22621)
Wacom Cintiq 4K (Driver 6.4.5-5 Jan 25, 2024)
jo_karts

Post by jo_karts »

Hi Xavier, I pick the color with a Wacom pen, my driver is v 6.3.46-1. With that said, it switches to blue as soon as the pen comes within range of the Cintiq screen, before I even press the pen down and no matter what tool is selected. And the problem doesn't happen with the mouse at all.

And thanks Cardin! Switching to Windows Ink does fix it on my end too, weird. Hopefully the Wintab setting can get a fix.
Joost

Post by Joost »

Hey,

I also have this issue sometimes on my Mac (Big Sur), but I can't really figure out when it happens. It sometimes just switched to a really saturated blue that I never use...

I always use my Wacom Cintiq pen to pick a color.

Most of the time it happens when I just start TVPaint. It all of a sudden switches to blue. Then, when I'm just working in TVPaint it doesn't happen again. Until the next day or so...
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Cardin

Post by Cardin »

As of version 11.7.0, I no longer have any issue with the Color Panel switching back to default. So it appears that the improvement that Xavier mentioned in his post above has fixed things....at least for me :). I'm reporting it here because I didn't see any mention of the fix in the changelog. Perhaps this thread should be marked as SOLVED?

Thanks for the fix, TVPaint team! Lots of great QOL improvements in this update.
TVPaint 11 Pro(11.7.2-64bits) Nov 14, 2023 Release
System: i9-13900K, 128GB RAM, Intel Arc A770(16GB), Win 11 (Ver. 10.0.22621 Build 22621)
Wacom Cintiq 4K (Driver 6.4.5-5 Jan 25, 2024)
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Cardin wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 00:59 As of version 11.7.0, I no longer have any issue with the Color Panel switching back to default. So it appears that the improvement that Xavier mentioned in his post above has fixed things....at least for me :). I'm reporting it here because I didn't see any mention of the fix in the changelog. Perhaps this thread should be marked as SOLVED?

Thanks for the fix, TVPaint team! Lots of great QOL improvements in this update.
Hi, I'm glad to read this :)
This fix was implemented on the go, so not in the tasklist and thus not in the changelog either.