"Can't open file" message when exporting PNG sequence Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
SamoB

"Can't open file" message when exporting PNG sequence

Post by SamoB »

Hi, I'm having a problem where I'm trying to export a simple frame by frame animation (a few layers, 30 frames). I try to export a PNG sequence and when clicking export for each frame there is a message "Can't open file" followed by the location and the name of .png. For each of them I have to click OK. The export folder is empty. I realized it works if i specify the location of export folder on the Primary drive where also TVP is installed. But is there any way to fix this so I can export on any other drive?

TVP Animation 11 Pro STD (11.5.3-64 bits)
Windows 10 Pro
32 GB RAM
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Wacom Intuos Art M
Dean
Site Admin

Re: "Can't open file" message when exporting PNG sequence

Post by Dean »

Hello SamoB, do you remember which version your TVPaint was before you updated it to version 11.5.3?
A configuration reset might be needed.
Also, could you tell me about the driver you are trying to save on? Is it internal or external? How is it formatted, etc?
Probably a vampire
SamoB

Post by SamoB »

Hi, sadly I don't know the version I had before I updated it. I have an internal hard drive (TOSHIBA HDWD110) I was trying to export sequence to, while TVPaint and Windows are installed on internal SSD (HP SSD EX900 250 GB).

Strangely enough, it started working later by itself. However, the antivirus software window popped up and asked me if I want to allow writing on the drive (primary SSD drive). After confirming it, I was able to export to any of the drives.

If it happens again, I will keep in mind your suggestion about configuration reset. Thank you!
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Glad everything is working again. Which antivirus are you currently using, just out of curiosity?
Probably a vampire