can't open backup file

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Dirk Henrotay

can't open backup file

Post by Dirk Henrotay »

Dear,

My TVpaint file is corrupt. It says it has no data (0 Mb), but I do have a backup file with data.
After deleting the extra numbers of the file I try to open this backup file, but TVpaint just closes suddenly. Is there a way to fix the file or another way to restore it?
Thank you very much for having a look at it.

In attachment you can find both the original corrupted file and the backup file.
My version of TVpaint is 11.5.3 (64bits) pro.

Kind regards,

Dirk Henrotay
Attachments
BAL I DIEPTE.tvpp
backup file
(2.75 MiB) Downloaded 418 times
Tylos

Re: can't open backup file

Post by Tylos »

Hi, I tried on my pc. It's opens. But it looks curupted. Or some kind of glitch.
Dirk Henrotay

Post by Dirk Henrotay »

Hey, could you save this file again as a copy and send it to me? I can't open this file. I tried on several machines, but it still causes tvp to close (version: 11.5.3 (64bits) pro)
Dirk Henrotay

Post by Dirk Henrotay »

Goodmorning,
Most important is that I can have a look on the animation, because it's a file of my students.
It would be great if you could export the animation (it's not very big) as png images, and send it back along with a incremental save of the file. Could you do this? Thank you very much.

kind regards, Dirk
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Hi, there is pretty nothing to recover ... one unique clip with one unique instance and small bits inside :
Capture d’écran_2021-12-02_14-41-28.png
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Dirk Henrotay wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 10:30 In attachment you can find both the original corrupted file and the backup file.
But in your post there is only one file, when you mention two. Did you forget to attach the other file ?