dependent / independent images

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
geertvanasbrouck

dependent / independent images

Post by geertvanasbrouck »

Hello,
I read some old topics concerning my question, but did not really find a solution. Maybe someone can help me?
Using the timeline as x-sheet works very well when doing 'full' animation with no (or very less) repeats etc. But when doing an animation with lots of repeats, then it's more difficult. Because when I want to change 1 drawing, I have to change manually all the copies of that drawing. Copying 1 drawing creates an independent, new drawing. It would be helpfull if there could exist a kind of 'dependent copy', that also changes when the original is changed, it's like an exposure that is separated from the head by other drawings, within the layer.
Maybe there is already a solution I don't know about, or maybe a plugin?
Thanks,
Geert
tribute27

Re: dependent / independent images

Post by tribute27 »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7132&hilit=tracker

maybe this forum post is what you're looking for!

An alternative would also be to use the repeat image function from here. https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... eat-images
Windows 10 64-bit | AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | TVPaint Animation 11 Pro WIBU (11.7.1-64 bits) | Wacom Cintiq Pro 27
2dbert

Re: dependent / independent images

Post by 2dbert »

Well, you can also use the actual X-Sheet tab instead of the Timeline.
If its tab isn't displayed next to those of Project and Timeline, go to Preferences, then Display and check "Display X-sheet Tab" in the Timeline Menu.
I believe the X-Sheet function hasn't been updated much in awhile due to it being rather niche within the niche (I mean it isn't used by many people). That's probably also why it's not being displayed by default anymore as it used to be in previous versions. But I myself made use of it in the past and it works pretty well as far as I can remember. Particularly useful when reusing plenty of frames here and there and when wanting to see the orchestration of many layers at one glance (for this, I'd recommend to choose a vertical timeline in the Preferences panel).

Oh yes, and then of course you would have to alter your drawings in the source layers if you want to apply the change throughout the repeats. If later on you want to alter something only in some of the repeats, you have to use the Make Anim function for that layer in the Timeline tab to disconnect your drawings from the source layer drawings.
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
TvPaint Animation 11.0.6 Pro