macOS Monterey / Ventura / Sonoma and TVPaint Animation 11 [UPDATE 17/06/2022]

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
D.T. Nethery

Re: macOS Monterey and TVPaint Animation 11 [UPDATE 07/12/2021]

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Matthieu wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 16:17 Hello everyone,

Just so you know, TVPaint works fine with the macOS Monterey 12.3.1 update :)

P.S. I also replied to Robert Domingo's question on the other thread he had created here.
This is good to know. May I ask if there is anything special or difficult about installing TVPaint on a Mac running Monterey ? I am asking about this because I have a friend who is a TVPaint user who got so frustrated with trying to get TVPaint to run on Monterey that he told he he has given up on TVPaint and is now using a different animation app :cry: . He told me that he tried everything that he was told to do to get it to run, but it never worked for him. I got the impression from him that it is not a very straightforward process to install TVPaint on Monterey ... or is that not the case? (I'm not on Monterey yet and not in a hurry to update to Monterey, but I have to be honest I have heard from a few frustrated users recently who are complaining about not being able to get TVPaint to run on Monterey. )

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

You just need to drag and drop the TVPaint application's icon into your Applications folder, just like any other software. I wonder what prevented your friend from using TVP. He can always contact us if he has any issue!
Probably a vampire
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Dean wrote: 20 Apr 2022, 09:18 You just need to drag and drop the TVPaint application's icon into your Applications folder, just like any other software. I wonder what prevented your friend from using TVP. He can always contact us if he has any issue!
Hi, Dean , it's a little bit more than just drag and drop the application into the Application's folder. I'm sorry, I think I used the wrong words when I said: "is there is anything special or difficult about installing TVPaint on a Mac running Monterey ?" I should have said "anything special or difficult about getting TVPaint to run on Monterey, which includes hosting the license." because I think the issue he was having was not so much the installation of the TVPaint app (yes, that is simply drag and drop into the Applications folder) but rather the issue is getting the WIBU license hosted properly so the software will run. However , I think it is fair to say that hosting the license is part of the the installation process , and that has nothing to do with simply dragging and dropping the TVPaint app into the Applications folder. Other people are having this issue. (see the recent message from Robert Domingo.)

I'm going to send you a PM about it.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Matthieu
Site Admin

Post by Matthieu »

Hi David,

Indeed, the installation process also involves the activation of one's license. We are always trying to make the installation instructions more clear, hence why we recently released installation videos as we thought it would be easier to follow than a written guide.

To this end, I have also created a sticky post with links to all the relevant resources regarding the dongleless system's installation processes for all the operating systems here.

And as Dean previously said, people can always contact us in case they are still encountering issues with the installation or if they find some instructions to be misguiding (so that we can clarify them).
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: macOS Monterey and TVPaint Animation 11 [UPDATE 17/06/2022]

Post by Thierry »

On macOS Monterey 12.4 (the latest one), TVPaint doesn't start because CodeMeter doesn't seem to be working.

If you updated to macOS Monterey, please install this version of CodeMeter and the software should be able to run once again: https://owncloud.tvpaint.com/index.php/ ... Sf5Zgj85lF
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
it_ross

Post by it_ross »

Hi Thierry,

I just installed the CodeMeter software that you linked but TVPaint still will not launch. Just to be sure I also ran the CM uninstaller first and then reinstalled it.
Matthieu
Site Admin

Post by Matthieu »

Hi,

Could you please try to install the latest TVPaint version and tell us if the problem still occurs? We had updated TVPaint for it to be compatible with macOS Monterey a few weeks after its release.
ChristopherC

Post by ChristopherC »

Hello,

I'm attempting to re-host my codemeter licence to a new computer. I've installed codemeter with the link above. I have de-activated the old computer, it says the licence is available, but on the codemeter website when i try to activate my licence to the new device i'm getting an error message saying 'Error during creation of licence request'
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello Christopher, is Codemeter installed on the new machine? Has the computer been rebooted after installing Codemeter?
You might need to use a different web browser for the activation in case some addons are blocking Codemeter components.
Probably a vampire
ChristopherC

Post by ChristopherC »

Dean wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 13:01 Hello Christopher, is Codemeter installed on the new machine? Has the computer been rebooted after installing Codemeter?
You might need to use a different web browser for the activation in case some addons are blocking Codemeter components.
I've restarted the system and tried with both safari and chrome, also tried un-installing and re-installing codemeter, i'm coming up with the same error unfortunately. this is what comes up:

0x18088106
CodeMeter License Central WebDepot v19.07.210.500.ws
2022-07-01 13:06:17 (UTC)
ChristopherC

Post by ChristopherC »

I'm still able to activate my previous computer with the licence, just not the new one. i've noticed the 'Select CmContainer' dropdown box has '(TVPaint UFC CmActLicence)' in the name on the computer that is working with the licence, the computer that isn't working only has the numbers before that
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

This is normal since a license has already been activated before on the previous computer and not yet on the new one.
Was Codemeter installed from the TVPaint package or from their website?
You can contact me via DM for a Teamviewer session if you want.
Probably a vampire
ChristopherC

Post by ChristopherC »

Thierry wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 08:24 On macOS Monterey 12.4 (the latest one), TVPaint doesn't start because CodeMeter doesn't seem to be working.

If you updated to macOS Monterey, please install this version of CodeMeter and the software should be able to run once again: https://owncloud.tvpaint.com/index.php/ ... Sf5Zgj85lF
Ah I see. I tried installing codemeter through the dmg that comes with TVPaint, but the installer refuses to open, so i used the link quoted in one of the replies above.

(https://owncloud.tvpaint.com/index.php/ ... Sf5Zgj85lF)
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

This should still be the correct version, the problem must be elsewhere.
Probably a vampire
ChristopherC

Post by ChristopherC »

I took a look at a 3rd computer that also works fine with codemeter licence stuff and the numbers in the CmContainer are different on that device to the other two.. could it be a problem of the container having the same identifier as the previous computer? (The way i've set up the system was through a time machine back-up). i have used the codemeter remover also and this doesn't seem to change the numbers if that's even a problem or not haha.

Also here is what's going on within system preferences.
Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 14.44.15.jpg
Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 14.44.15.jpg (31.3 KiB) Viewed 46734 times

UPDATE:

It's working now! I deleted the codemeter folder from the /library and re-installed again, that did the trick! Thank you for the help and quick replies Dean !!