Project save is not specified in the same location as the imported file on 11.5.3

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Hironori Takagi

Project save is not specified in the same location as the imported file on 11.5.3

Post by Hironori Takagi »

In versions older than 11.5.2, when I saved the project, the project was in the same location as the imported file.
In version 11.5.3, the default path is specified.
Is this a bug only in my environment?
q101.jpg
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020
Xavier

Re: Project save is not specified in the same location as the imported file on 11.5.3

Post by Xavier »

Takagi san thanks for your question, it helps me to understand Nathan's questionning :
NathanOtano wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 14:39 Keep in mind we exchange files over the internet, so the location can not be the same from one user to another, which means :
- Saving a project should be where the project is located, and not where the project was last saved (this is what troubles me the most)
- Exporting should indeed be remembered by project cause I guess it can often be where the project is not. Only thing is that, if the path does'nt exist (for exemple because it has been opened on anotehr computer without this export folder) I would like to have the default export set to the project's directory
Xavier

Re: Project save is not specified in the same location as the imported file on 11.5.3

Post by Xavier »

Hironori Takagi wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 05:26 In versions older than 11.5.2, when I saved the project, the project was in the same location as the imported file.
In version 11.5.3, the default path is specified.
Is this a bug only in my environment?
So to answer your question : it's probably due to a change regarding the management of recent locations. Sorry, I tried to improve it ...

It makes sense, if a project was created from an imported file, the default save location should be the same folder as the imported file.
But also if you open a project and then want to save it with another name.

So in the end, it's a bug ! and I'm already at work to fix it.
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Happy i'm not the only one and that it's a bug T_T thanks
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

I'll do a separate topic to announce it, the fix will be published within the next hour.
Here's what I did :
- when you open an existing project and save it under another name, the file dialog will (should) bring you to the same folder as the original project
- when you import a video and save it as a project, the file dialog will (should) bring you to the same folder as the video file
- when you export a project for the first time, the file dialog will (should) bring you to the same folder as the project
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Voilà, the update is pushed. Let us know if it's better :wink:
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Merci :)
If the project already was exported at one point but the path doesn't exist when you export again, could we also get the same folder as the project? Is it the case already or do we have a non existent path? I guess checking if a path exists is a bit more time to code ?
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Hironori Takagi

Xavier, thank you for solving this problem.
One of my complaints with 11.5.2 / 11.5.3 has been resolved.

Nathan mentions the following bugs, I also have the problem that the wrong file requester of "File → Export" as 11.5.2 / 11.5.3.
(I can only export with my own panel)
Previously Thierry told us to update the settings folder in 11.5.x, but in my studio everyone keeps using the 11.0.8 settings folder, so if this problem doesn't go away, I can't distribute 11.5.x to my studio staff.
Should I consult on a different topic?
q96_2.jpg
NathanOtano wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 18:49 Merci :)
If the project already was exported at one point but the path doesn't exist when you export again, could we also get the same folder as the project? Is it the case already or do we have a non existent path? I guess checking if a path exists is a bit more time to code ?
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Hironori Takagi wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 09:41 Xavier, thank you for solving this problem.
One of my complaints with 11.5.2 / 11.5.3 has been resolved.
You're welcome, I'm always glad to read such messages ;)
Hironori Takagi wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 09:41 Previously Thierry told us to update the settings folder in 11.5.x, but in my studio everyone keeps using the 11.0.8 settings folder, so if this problem doesn't go away, I can't distribute 11.5.x to my studio staff.
Should I consult on a different topic?
Yes please, a separate topic would be better (it's a different bug).
Hironori Takagi

The export trouble I pointed out yesterday was only my settings folder, which was updated step by step between 11.0.8 and 11.5.3 (22 Oct 2021).
When use direct the settings folder set up in 11.0.8, does not seem to occur.
I'll look it up a little more myself.