Difficulty with the KeyFramer effect Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
it_ross

Difficulty with the KeyFramer effect

Post by it_ross »

Hi,

I am trying to apply an effect to my animation that I thought would be pretty straightforward. I'm trying to make one of my layers move "closer" to the camera by adjusting the Z-axis in the KeyFramer effect. Here is a screenshot of my interface:
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 1.37.56 PM.png
The only contents in the layer that I'm trying to transform are the two black vertical lines closest to the edges of the frame. I've stretched the instance to take up the duration of the clip, as you can see in the screenshot. I key-framed the Z-axis so the layer gets closer to the camera (it essentially just looks like the lines are moving further apart), and when I toggle "Preview" I can see the transformation play out exactly as I want it.

The problem is that when I hit "Apply FX Stack", the transformation doesn't apply. When I scrub the timeline the layer stays still, and when I look back at the FX stack, the only thing that has changed is the "Preview" is toggled off. When I toggle it back on, I'm back to where I was before I hit "Apply FX Stack" –– the transformation looks fine but disappears as soon as I hit "Apple FX Stack".

I have tried messing around with setting the "User defined" tab to "Apply on Heads" and "Apply on Frames" but nothing is working. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Thanks in advance.
Svengali

Re: Difficulty with the KeyFramer effect

Post by Svengali »

Make sure the "Selection" button is set to ALL INSTANCES, otherwise the Apply FX Stack button looks only for selected frames...

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
it_ross

Re: Difficulty with the KeyFramer effect

Post by it_ross »

Wow! That did it!

Thank you!!!