Update 11.5.2 png and embed files crashes Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
bizelle

Update 11.5.2 png and embed files crashes

Post by bizelle »

Hello bonjour,
I've recently downloaded the 11.5.2 update to my tvp, and ever since the software instantly crashes every time I try to import a png file. No error message, just the whole thing closes. So far I managed by only importing jpgs, but today I couldn't even open a colleague's file, because there were embedded files that I assume were pngs and it made the software crash instantly as well. I only managed to open the file once he stripped itof all reference materiel that was in it. Help!

my setup:
-Windows10 home 10.0.19042
-x64 based pc
-16 GB RAM
-11th Gen intel(R)Core
-TVP professional 32 bits version 11.5.2
-Wacom 22HD
-I am not tech savvy so I hope the details above are relevant. I'M TRYING! :D

Thanks,
Stephanie
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Update 11.5.2 png and embed files crashes

Post by Dean »

Hello Bizelle, first advice I can give you is to try to install the 64 bit version of TVPaint Pro, downloadable from your user account and retry opening the project.
If the issue persists, could you please send me the project file via PM?

Kind regards
Probably a vampire
bizelle

Post by bizelle »

Hi, so things are significantly worse now! I've tried to uninstall/reinstall the software to install the 64 bit version, and now I can't even open it. I have the actual physical dvd from my company (bought in 2017 apparently) so the version on it is still TVP 11.0.0 I've installed the whole thing the most straightforward way and I can't even open TVP now, the window opens for a brief second an then disappears. I have no idea how I got the version 11.5.2 previously, was there a download somewhere?
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Version 11.5.2 is available from your user account to download, if no license is linked to your account and you are using a license from your company, I can send the installer to you.
Probably a vampire
bizelle

Post by bizelle »

My licence indeed belongs to my company and the download would be on their user account, I imagine, yes. If you could send me the download, that would be amazing!
bizelle

Post by bizelle »

The 32 bit version was indeed the issue, everything seems fine with the 64. Thank you for your help!