can't encode .avi file - error

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ACHE

can't encode .avi file - error

Post by ACHE »

Hi !

I can't encode the export of my movie. I exported it on .avi (internal) and when I try to encode it with Media Encoder or even Premiere Pro, it fails and it says this text below several times for several frames:
Anyone knows a trick?
My guess is that I did the mistake of editing a stop motion movie on TVPaint, and photos could weight a lot (even thaugh there 1920x1080 "only"), so TVPaint might slip some errors in the .avi when it exports it (even thaugh the .avi file reads well in Quicktime Player).
So my goal is to get an export of this movie in Apple ProRes 422 HQ.
Thanks for your help!

- Source File: /Users/hslu/Documents/charlotte/untitled folder/thought_captive_V5_MASTER_cred.avi
- Output File: /Users/hslu/Documents/charlotte/untitled folder/thought_captive_V5_MASTER_cred.mov
- Preset Used: Apple ProRes 422 HQ
- Video: 1920x1080 (1.0), 24 fps, Progressive, 100 (63% HLG, 51% PQ), Quality 100, Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 00:02:46:04
- Audio: Uncompressed, 48000 Hz, Stereo, 16 bit
- Bitrate:
- Encoding Time: 00:00:18
07/13/2021 02:13:35 PM : Encoding Failed
------------------------------------------------------------
Error retrieving frame 484 at time 00:00:20:04 from the file: /Users/hslu/Documents/charlotte/untitled folder/thought_captive_V5_MASTER_cred.avi, substituting frame 483

• What is your OS and its version :
- Mac OSX 10.15 (catalina)

architecture 64 bit Processeur 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 quatre coeurs, RAM: 16 Go

• software version : TVPaint 11.0.10

• software edition Professional

• Professional Edition : architecture 64 bit

• Tablet and drivers version : Wacom Bamboo (Pen Tablet Utility 5.3.7-6), but thinking of buying a Cintiq
Dean
Site Admin

Re: can't encode .avi file - error

Post by Dean »

Hello, may I ask you to try updating your TVPaint to the latest version and retry the exporting? I remember Premiere having issues with some .avi files, but that seems to have been patched.
Regarding the frames which cause issues, are they always the same numbers? Did you notice any special details on these frames?
Probably a vampire